Help! Dash and gear indicator light issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So I have had the VSC trac and Trac off light on for some time/no CEL. I also had parking indicator light and drive light in the dash out. Finally got the bulbs and switched them out hoping that would fix the VSC lights. Now when i put the key in and turn to accessory position both the P and R light are on and stay on when I start the vehicle. When I shift into reverse all indicator lights are off. When I shift into Neutral the Reverse indicator light comes on with the Brake light. both of these stay on also in Drive, 2nd gear, and Low.........VSC and Trac lights are out now.

Is it possibly the Park/Neutral position switch? I am not having trouble starting it in park or neutral, just the indicator lights in the dash are screwy......

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Tony

For the VSC and TRAC lights, I’m sorry for the obvious question, but have you tried to read the codes, which might be more accurate than “wild assed guesses” from Internet strangers?

(Note that a generic OBD2 scanner like Scangauge/Torque might not read codes that something like iCarsoft/Techstream can.)

Last edited:
For the VSC and TRAC lights, I’m sorry for the obvious question, but have you tried to read the codes, which might be more accurate than “wild assed guesses” from Internet strangers?

(Note that a generic OBD2 scanner like Scangauge/Torque might not read codes that something like iCarsoft/Techstream can.)
Completely reasonable question. Those lights are currently out but they did not throw any codes previously nor do I presently have any codes. Left me scratching my head.

Completely reasonable question. Those lights are currently out but they did not throw any codes previously nor do I presently have any codes. Left me scratching my head.
I also took it to the parts store and they tried to read codes on three different machines they had and again no codes.

I also took it to the parts store and they tried to read codes on three different machines they had and again no codes.
So dash out and in 6 times and the drive indicator lights are all working properly. The screws that attach to the wiring connecters must be very tight. My diff light and 4wd light aren’t working (they do engage mechanically). Don’t know if this is a bulb issue or connection. Will problem solve it.

Try cleaning the tow wire connector.

Those error lights come on when P, R ligjhts are out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom