Help!! Cant seem to make it pass smog. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

they sell ones you can simply clip onto the end of the tailpipe. They work fine and I use them all the time.

You have a favorite? I have been thinking about an A/F meter for all the reasons @Spike Strip has one, but this sounds a lot more simple.

Apologies for the hijack.

You have a favorite? I have been thinking about an A/F meter for all the reasons @Spike Strip has one, but this sounds a lot more simple.

Apologies for the hijack.

AEM

Would that be installed after that air injection pipe? Or before?

O2 sensor needs to be as vertically upwards as you can get it, before the Air Inj port, but you'll find it very difficult to drill and install a bung on the hard Stainless downpipe while the pipe is installed. Mine is kind of at 2- o'clock just before the Air Pipe pipe.

The Tail Pipe ones are really of little use because they don't help you tune the carb because the CAT cleans up much of the Exhaust. You want to measure the A/F before the CAT and before it's effected by Air Injection.

The Tail Pipe ones are really of little use because they don't help you tune the carb because the CAT cleans up much of the Exhaust. You want to measure the A/F before the CAT and before it's effected by Air Injection.

Agreed, but I am just interested in this for pre-test info via the A/F ratio. And I know it is not going to give me a 3-gas breakdown. Just more info than what I have otherwise.

I have an Innovate portable also and it doesn't do much for the trucks with a CAT. LINK

Here's a short vid of how it works with a pre-CAT FJ40 (at end of vid). This was a problem Carburetor.

FWIW, if you have multiple carb'd vehicles, you can weld a bung into each one and use the Innovate for each one without having to install a meter in each vehicle. The Bungs come with a threaded plug to cap them off when not used. Just use plenty of high-temp antiseize so you can get the plug out when you need to.

Last edited:
I have an Innovate portable also and it doesn't do much for the trucks with a CAT. LINK

Here's a short vid of how it works with a pre-CAT FJ40 (at end of vid). This was a problem Carburetor.

FWIW, if you have multiple carb'd vehicles, you can weld a bung into each one and use the Innovate for each one without having to install a meter in each vehicle. The Bungs come with a threaded plug to cap them off when not used. Just use plenty of high-temp antiseize so you can get the plug out when you need to.

That’s what I need.
It is such a headache to try to get them right.
Thanks for that video

I found my portable unit used on Fleabay for half-new-price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom