help buying? cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I wondered if anyone knows about the 75 40 on e-bay. It is a rustic green stock lookingsuspension, and rebuilt 2f. It is in California, I am in Pa. I would appreciate any advice. thanks

Thanks I can't even look at a 40 in my town. I saw one (not for sale) in the wal-mart parking lot and tried to find the owner for some info, but no luck! This forum saved me from a mushro-mobile and I am Thankful. I want to drive before I buy, but I've been looking for a while, and gettin antsy. If anyone knows of a 78 + that is pretty stock (v8 is OK) pm me! Thanks john

If you have 14 grand burning a hole in your pocket, Buy it! It's "worth" whatever you're willing to pay. It looks nice, its a great year and you're not going to find rust free cruisers in PA. Fly out there and drive it home.

Hey

Hey, sent you a message about a PA FJ-40.

You might ask the owner where he got the spare tire holder... dont think thats from a 75,
Just wonderin what else has been replaced.

ken_79-fj40 said:
Looks like a nice rig, a little spendy though.

Yes, it seems spendy, but by the time you buy a lesser rig, paint it, new tires and go through the brakes, TC, etc. You'll be close to the current bid. I would no have any hesitation paying 11-12K for it if it is all true.
I say this as a guy who bought one for $1800 and I'm bumping 14K, but with a lot of upgrades.
Guessing you can find a '76> with discs for about the same money. Keep looking unless you like adjusting brakes.

JMO

Ed

i agree, it's usually cheaper to buy a truck that's ready to go than fixing one up. some people like to do the fixin up part, though. it's totally up to you. i like to straddle the fence myself. good luck and welcome.

Looks like a nice rig, little expensive tho. If your looking at keeping the truck stock and using it as daily driver and dont mind spending the money, than i would say it would probably be a not bad deal. But in the future if your planning on making it into a trail ready rig, than i would probably wait a little longer to find a 40 with some stuff already done to it. You should be able to find sumin lifted, bigger tires, possibly 350, for around the same price. (if you dont mind sacrificing a little bit ie. paint job/interior) ;)

Thanks for all the info. Hey Bandy, I'm near Erie. Lunap is sending pics of his 80 which is even better. I'm looking to leave one stock for a while, then 2.5" lift and 33's, maybe more in a couple years $$

I agree: it's worth whatever you're wlling to pay. Remember, get a good one from the start so it won't be nickle and diming you to death later. You'll have a much better experience in the long run.

missipboy said:
i agree, it's usually cheaper to buy a truck that's ready to go than fixing one up. some people like to do the fixin up part, though. it's totally up to you. i like to straddle the fence myself. good luck and welcome.

This is where i'm at too. I think it's expensive, but then again mine which I bought for $5k (in PA for a matter of fact) I have easily sunk another 6-7k into. I just like doing the work myself so I know exactly whats been done and how it's done.

Yea, I always wanted a 40. I had an87 4runner (stock) that was awesome off road, and a 2000 cruiser (FAT LUXURY ) but want a 40 now. I think a 75 is as old as I want, but I'm looking at all 40's...I appreciate all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom