Help! Biggest MT Tire for LC 100 Stock Suspension R18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

New to this forum. I've had my LC for about 8 months and ready to install some MT. I bought some already after reading a little bit into it. I bought some Milestar Patognia 275/70/18. Yes I know there on the cheaper side I didn't want to invest so much if I didn't end up liking MT noise. Read they were the biggest you could put on stock suspension. I don't have the AHC option.

Took the tires to get put on but they refused because it wouldn't have any clearance once on.

Do I need to asjust TBars a little?

First time using MTs so new to all this.

*I see a lot of responses for the 16's but not many for the 18's

Thanks.

Last edited:

275/70/18 Patagonia's. 1.25 spacers. Stock suspension.

IMG_20200912_110715.jpg

I've had 275/70 r18s on my Cruiser since 2008. You don't need to do anything to run them. No spacers, no torsion bar adjustments. It's documented all over this forum. You probably just need a different tire shop.

I've had 275/70 r18s on my Cruiser since 2008. You don't need to do anything to run them. No spacers, no torsion bar adjustments. It's documented all over this forum. You probably just need a different tire shop.
Thanks I've gone to two different shops and they told me it won't fit. I think they just get turned off by the aggressiveness the MTs look. Planning to head back out tomorrow and have them put one on regardless of what they say.

Do you got some crazy suspension sag that’s freaking them out? Send a pic of rig with current tires.

Wheel size is largely irrelevant. So is having any lift. All a lift does is change static height of vehicle. Unless you are changing the suspension geometry/ modifying bump stops it's still cycling through the same range of motion. Outer diameter/ width of the tire combined with backspacing of the wheel dictate whether it will fit or not. If it fits lifted all other things being equal, it'll fit stock.

Hello all!

Just an update I went this morning and told them to just put on the tires. To their amaze it actually fit. The look on their face priceless. I've driven it a bit and so far no rubbing.

I appreciate all you're responses. Really gave me peace of mind.

G'day All!

LC MT.JPG

275/70/18 Patagonia's. 1.25 spacers. Stock suspension.

View attachment 2442237

Man those wheels look sweet painted black! Those are the 18" ones off the sequoia right? I just picked up a set of those and now need to save up for tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom