Help an idiot with his antenna....no not power mast replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have no antenna, I have no mast, no base....no nothing. I have a hole where my antenna was and thats it, thanks previous owner! I looked down into the hole and see nothing, I looked into the port in the fender and see nothing. I have an aftermarket head unit, I know nothing about antennas or where to find what I need to replace whatever is missing in there and hook it up. I searched through endless threads and they are all about replacing the mast, no luck there as I have no mast, no cable to connect, just an empty hole........kinda like my heart.

I just want to be able to listen to the radio, I don't want the stock inevitably broken again mast anyway. A short stubby auto zone whatever is just fine with me! At this point I'll take a piece of scrap metal....

Please help this donkey bear water buffalo, please tell me what I need to find to hook up to an antenna and where it is......

Please and thank you kindly kind sirs.

You need a cable for sure. And possibly another part for your fender at a minimum. Hard to tell without a pic. It sounds like you want to search for the "Tacoma antenna mod" It converts the 80 to a solid whip antenna. You could then buy a stubby if you wanted. The info on this stuff is scattered among a few build threads. Do a bit of searching and you will get it. I would post part numbers, but I got my kit used from a fellow on here a couple of years ago.

I'm not saying order this part, but this is the general idea;
86300-04050

You need a cable for sure. And possibly another part for your fender at a minimum. Hard to tell without a pic. It sounds like you want to search for the "Tacoma antenna mod" It converts the 80 to a solid whip antenna. You could then buy a stubby if you wanted. The info on this stuff is scattered among a few build threads. Do a bit of searching and you will get it. I would post part numbers, but I got my kit used from a fellow on here a couple of years ago.

I'm not saying order this part, but this is the general idea;
86300-04050

Yep I plan on doing something like that but I can't do anything if I have nothing to connect the antenna to! I sincerely appreciate the help, what do you need a pic of??

?

DCD4092C-9D44-4533-94D1-85E5C6703EE7.jpeg

F5F2D2B5-01B7-40EA-8104-307F7EEB9240.jpeg

53B8BC87-20AA-43A8-A06B-654D8F980E59.jpeg

5BA62AEE-A2C3-45D5-BB91-8187E68C70E2.jpeg

Easy Frances. Movie reference stuff right there.

Toyota makes a manual antenna that fits the bill. Antenna, bracket, wire, and plug. Its everything you need my friend. My only let down is I do not know the part number.

The trim part on exterior of fender. Is anything there still?

@Comet The "pull up" antenna? I've seen the parts called that on a few sites but the diagrams are hard to distinguish.

Nope, right out on top.

Shot straight down the front 1/4 panel.

In the meantime, use your music program of choice from your phone. I plan on using the manual antenna once my rig gets back from the spa.

1642388178748.png

I'm not sure if this is from the appropriate year, But this looks to be the trim pieces I'm asking about, the part that ends up inside your fender, and the cable.

Yup. Thats it. The mast attaches up top with the jam nut. The bottom uses a screw into the body to secure it.

You seem to be missing many pieces.

View attachment 2896245
I'm not sure if this is from the appropriate year, But this looks to be the trim pieces I'm asking about, the part that ends up inside your fender, and the cable.

Okay I think I'm getting it, is that the cut wire in the last pic?

So everything is actually in the fender? I was thinking it went through the engine bay then into the fender.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom