Help - Advice On Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
Thanks for taking a moment to read this. I have a 2006 LX470 - 250K miles with Slee AHC chip, diff drop and SPC UCAs, on 295/75-16s. I've been having issues with my front suspension as a whole and can't figure out if it's just time because of mileage or if it's because I'm running AHC which doesn't always stay in the same height position. I previously had the passenger side axle leave the car immobile, at that time I replaced the passenger axle and oem UCAs to SPC. Today it happened on the driver side. Mechanic says there is movement in the steering rack that will likely need to be replaced in the future and the driver side axle needs to be replaced immediately. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. Just wanted to cover my basis and see if it's time due to mileage or if it's my current setup. If you were in my position, would you continue using OEM replacement axles or upgrade them? What are upgrade options you would recommend? Thanks in advance!

The OEM axles are the best on the market. Everything else is a downgrade to them.

OEM axle and have your guy replace the steering rack bushings if it's just movement.

If it's leaking then flush the power steering and add a PS seal conditioner and see how long it makes it.

71EBD26C-378F-49FE-A01F-814E6EDC3EF5.jpeg

I second on Alpine’s recommendation on the steering rack bushings, I went for polyurethane ones. Also have your front differential bushings checked while at it, many miss that and can be the leading cause of front axle failure due to unwanted front diff movement and the front CV hyperextends during full turns or pre-load situations may it be on road or suspension fully articulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom