help 80 wont start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gday all
my son was replacing the alternator on his petrol 1993 80 series , while doing this , the positive wire came in contact with earth and a lot of sparks was produced.
now the car will not start, it turns over but will not fire, there seams to be no spark
cheers in advance for your help

Fusible links off the positive battery terminal would be the first things to check.
Cheers checked them , that was the issue , one of the wires running from battery to that little black box had no continuity. Replaced it with new wire and terminals and she fired .

However with me messing with the battery terminals I think something else has blown , it won't start and now I have no dash lights at all , I think it has something to do with the immobiliser, but I've no idea where that is

Cheers checked them , that was the issue , one of the wires running from battery to that little black box had no continuity. Replaced it with new wire and terminals and she fired .

However with me messing with the battery terminals I think something else has blown , it won't start and now I have no dash lights at all , I think it has something to do with the immobiliser, but I've no idea where that is
Please keep in mind that fusible links are not regular wire. They are inline fuses with a silicone jacket to protect the downstream subsystems.
There should be 3 fusible links off the positive battery terminal. 2 run to a junction box and 1 runs to a circular grey connector. Each one protects a different subsystem.

Please keep in mind that fusible links are not regular wire. They are inline fuses with a silicone jacket to protect the downstream subsystems.
There should be 3 fusible links off the positive battery terminal. 2 run to a junction box and 1 runs to a circular grey connector. Each one protects a different subsystem.
Are fusable links something you can buy after market ? Or would I need to go to Toyota?

Fusible links PN is 90982-08264 and should be $10-15 from dealer or online.

For the dash lights, did you check all your fuses? Probably just a fuse, or another fusible link.

Replace the whole link.

fusible link 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom