1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help! 2f weird fitting leaking water from side of block?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by motoloco, Feb 23, 2007.

1. motoloco

motoloco

i have a 78' fj40 with the stock 2f that i just bought as a basketcase with a blown head gasket, just replaced EVERYTHING. rebuilt head, all new gaskets, waterpump, radiator, hoses, cap rotor plugs wires etc... just put water in it tonight to fire her up and there is a 19mm bolt headed fitting srcewed into the drivers side of the block 1/2 way up back towards the fire wall that is leaking water like crazy, it is kinda long and also has internal threads and a small hole drilled into the side of it?????? oil coller provisions? should there be coolant comming out if this fitting? THX

2. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:

I think what you are describing is the block drain. Did you screw it in tight? There are two places to tighten.
    If it is the fitting that appears right in front of the bell housing in this pic.....that's what it is.

GL

Ed
    Swapin'motors 016.jpg

3. motoloco

motoloco

that is it!!! thank you very much, it did not have the plug in the fitting so water just ran out, now i know what that little copper square headed plug was in the bag of mystery parts that came wit the FJ