Help: 1994 Locked Donor 80 For Axle Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've been searching for a write up on an OEM axle swap. I have a low mileage 94 unlocked LC and I want to swap in factory locking axles from a 94 locked donor vehicle. I want to make sure I pull all the necessary components off the truck to make the swap as simple as possible. Can someone please tell me everything that I need to remove from the donor vehicle? What is a good price for everything that I need?

Thanks-
John

I'll let someone else comment on price, but I think you'd basically want both the front and rear diff assemblies from hub to hub, the front diff lock wiring harness from the diff to the connector in the engine bay, the rear diff lock wiring harness from the diff to the rear wiring harness, and assuming your 80 didn't originally have diff locks fitted, you'll probably also need the floor wiring harness that runs from the dash along the inside floor channel to the rear wiring harness, potentially the rear wiring harness if it's missing the connector for the rear diff lock wiring harness, the 4wd ECU, and the diff lock switch. A fair bit all up. If you were willing to post a VIN, it'd be possible to do a precise check of the wiring harnesses that were fitted in your vehicle and confirm what you needed to swap out.

I'd +1 the Harrop ELocker comment though, much stronger more convenient/reliable setup. I'd bet if they'd existed when these trucks were built, Toyota would have designed them with a similar system.

I did this on my '94, but I already had a aussie locker in the rear, so didn't do anything back there. I just swapped in the locked front axle, bought the "magic" dial, and locker ECU. I had already added the CDL button and pin7 mod.

Everything works as indented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom