Hello (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Registration process insists i post an introduction so,

Hi I'm Mark from Sydney Australia.

I'm the second owner of my 1997 1Fzfe 80 which i purchased year 2000 with 77K km.

Currently 350K km.

Its basically factory original except for brakes and headlights improvements.

Mark

Hi Mark!
I'm Rusty. It's been three days since I spent money 🤑 on my cruiser.

Oh wait! This isn't that meeting!

Welcome to MUD.
Are you planning a build or fancy mods, or just going to keep her clean and stock?

Last edited:
Welcome! Love 24/7 which I recently discovered. Aussies know how to off-road.

I'm the second owner of my 1997 1Fzfe 80 which i purchased year 2000 with 77K km.

Currently 350K km.

Mark
Welcome!

Pull on your big girl panties, let us know what your plans are, if you do your own work on it, and include some pictures of the truck and :princess:, and we'll harass you, kick you a few times, then help you find what you need.

Just realize that most of us posting are in the USA with only one version of the LC and we can't appreciate some of the options available in other countries.

What took you so long to get here ?

Hi Mark!
I'm Rusty. It's been three days since I spent money 🤑 on my cruiser.

Oh wait! This isn't that meeting!

Welcome to MUD.
Are you planning a build or fancy mods, or just going to keep her clean and stock?
Basically stock. Ive owned it 22 yrs, never been off road. Well I did once, a stick flicked up and pushed in my sill panel. Wont do that again.

Welcome!

Pull on your big girl panties, let us know what your plans are, if you do your own work on it, and include some pictures of the truck and :princess:, and we'll harass you, kick you a few times, then help you find what you need.

Just realize that most of us posting are in the USA with only one version of the LC and we can't appreciate some of the options available in other countries.
Welcome!

Well no real plans except keep looking after it & to get some rust cut around rear window.

Yes I do my own work. 2 headgaskets so far, last one fitted a cometic MLX, that fixed that.

It never stopped well, so I overhauled whole system. Overhauled calipers with OEM rubber, fitted SS braided lines, slotted DBA T2 rotors all round and only use oem toyota pads. It stops now.

Rewired the headlights, used 3 relays to get power direct from battery via heavier wiring. Changed bulbs to Osram 130% brighter and replaced inserts with Hella. I can see at night now.

Oh yeh fitted direct injection LPG (the stuff you use to run your BBQ or grill) i had nitrite valve seats fitted when the head was rebuilt, to make it suitable for the LPG.

I think that's about it, stock with a couple improvements.

Oh nearly forgot last year bought a full set of OEM suspension rubber, been too busy to fit it. Big job I think and looks difficult as well without a hoist and press. Not looking fwd to it. Maybe shocks as well but just cant decide what type. Not lifted and road use only. Every company or person i talk to gives me a different opinion.

Well no real plans except keep looking after it & to get some rust cut around rear window.

Yes I do my own work. 2 headgaskets so far, last one fitted a cometic MLX, that fixed that.

It never stopped well, so I overhauled whole system. Overhauled calipers with OEM rubber, fitted SS braided lines, slotted DBA T2 rotors all round and only use oem toyota pads. It stops now.

Rewired the headlights, used 3 relays to get power direct from battery via heavier wiring. Changed bulbs to Osram 130% brighter and replaced inserts with Hella. I can see at night now.

Oh yeh fitted direct injection LPG (the stuff you use to run your BBQ or grill) i had nitrite valve seats fitted when the head was rebuilt, to make it suitable for the LPG.

I think that's about it, stock with a couple improvements.

Oh nearly forgot last year bought a full set of OEM suspension rubber, been too busy to fit it. Big job I think and looks difficult as well without a hoist and press. Not looking fwd to it. Maybe shocks as well but just cant decide what type. Not lifted and road use only. Every company or person i talk to gives me a different opinion.
For the shocks and a stock truck, it's hard to beat the Toyota (Tokico) shocks. You can get them from www.partsouq.com (at least you can here) and they are typically the same or less costly than the aftermarket versions.

It took all of a 20 ton press to remove the bushings in mine. The guys in desert areas claim they can do it with a 12 ton press. You definitely need the correct size sleeve/bushing/socket to press in the new ones so you don't wreck any. There are 4 different sizes.

It took all of a 20 ton press to remove the bushings in mine. The guys in desert areas claim they can do it with a 12 ton press. You definitely need the correct size sleeve/bushing/socket to press in the new ones so you don't wreck any. There are 4 different sizes.
I did it with a 12 ton press, but had to solidly whack the cross member above the hydraulic cylinder with a dead blow hammer to get the bushings moving after maxing out the load. Sketchy, but worked well.
There's is no need for a lift. A jack and a couple stands to get the rig high enough to comfortably crawl under it as all that is needed.
I pulled one control arm at a time so the axel couldn't "get away".

Last edited:

Currently 350K km.

Mark
Hi! Do you have any pics of your truck? Also is it manual?

welome :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom