1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Toyota.. Look here!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by foxfab, Aug 14, 2006.

1. foxfab

foxfab

Media:
    Alright, I dont own an FJ Cruiser and I dont think they should be called "Land Cruisers". But if Toyota really wanted to build a "Land Cruiser" that was retro looking and fell into the realm of the FJ40 series, it would have two more additions: a removable top, and a solid front axle. Add to the wish list is a diesel powerplant. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this is what we really want.

I hope someone at Toyota reads this, because there are over 3000 signatures regarding this issue here: http://www.petitiononline.com/ifs/petition.html

Ya, its old, and Toyota tried a little, but we're not satisfied.

Author... and owner of a real "Land Cruiser"

2. LandCruisers4Life

LandCruisers4Life

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah, whatever. Listen your 25 is really a JEEP, not a Land Cruiser so go away :D

Get a new FJ Cruiser, and stop whining :D

Wait, what am I talking about, you didn't even get a 40 series Cruiser, you cannot move forward til you have a 40 first, then you can get a new FJ.

:flipoff2:

3. crushers

crushers post ho SILVER Star

ROTFLMAO!!
    the 25 was the first real Land Cruiser and i would take one of those loooong before i would have the new FJlooser...

4. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Your truck sucks too. What kind of a loser would own that.

5. Trollhole

Media:
    Albums:

Who says they are not? Toyota is working on a soft top edition. Whether it will actually come out is another thing. And who knows maybe a solid axle is in it's future. Naaah, your just living in the past. I guess you want drum brakes all around, no power steering, a carburator, even worse gas milage and a ride that makes your ass sore after an hr. Give me a break.

6. crushers

LOL!!
    i do and you don't, your just jealous cause you can't have one...
    nah, nah, na nah...

7. Stone

Stone Moderator

No need to re-invent the wheel...we just all need to move to Australia. :D

8. crushers

nah, we just need to replace our goverment. i don't want the spiders and snakes the OZ boys have to live with...

9. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    We want the fawkin handcrank and a fast idle knob too:D

10. LandCrusher'70

LandCrusher'70

. . . tool box under the seat, removable grill, fold down windshield . . .

11. Trollhole

Media:
    Albums:
    Removeable doors. Wait they have that. A socket wrench and some wire cutters and it will come right off.

I also want a ciggarett lighter, a gas tank under the seat, two speed windshield wipers,only one dome light, manual window cranks, a speedo that only goes up to 85mph, manual choke, non reclining seats, a small rubber doughnut on the steering wheel to protect my head in event of a head on collision, no power steering or A/C, no rust protection, coarse spline birfs, an emergancy brake that wont stop a skateboard, no factory lockers, two bleacher seats that face each other so my occupants can look at each other, round headlights that won't light up my shadow, two different keys, one for the ignition and one for the doors, hood latches, no ABS, no airbags, no radio, no nothing.

I want a seat, a couple axles, a tractor engine and an umbrella. Crap, screw the umbrella we are real men right? I mean if we are going to get it real lets make this bitch do 55mph flat out on the highway. Oh and we want our lockout plates back. That's where it is at.

If we are going to make it a "real" Land Cruiser might as well go all out.
    :beer: :beer: :beer:

12. foxfab

foxfab

Media:
    LOL, nah. I want a modern FJ40 that is low buck and utilitarian. Thats not what the FJC is. Who wants to trade an FJ25 for an FJC? :D

13. Trollhole

Media:
    Albums:

Move to South America.:flipoff2:

14. jmode

jmode

"Removeable doors. Wait they have that. A socket wrench and some wire cutters and it will come right off.

I also want a ciggarett lighter, a gas tank under the seat, two speed windshield wipers,only one dome light, manual window cranks, a speedo that only goes up to 85mph, manual choke, non reclining seats, a small rubber doughnut on the steering wheel to protect my head in event of a head on collision, no power steering or A/C, no rust protection, coarse spline birfs, an emergancy brake that wont stop a skateboard, no factory lockers, two bleacher seats that face each other so my occupants can look at each other, round headlights that won't light up my shadow, two different keys, one for the ignition and one for the doors, hood latches, no ABS, no airbags, no radio, no nothing.

I want a seat, a couple axles, a tractor engine and an umbrella. Crap, screw the umbrella we are real men right? I mean if we are going to get it real lets make this bitch do 55mph flat out on the highway. Oh and we want our lockout plates back. That's where it is at.

If we are going to make it a "real" Land Cruiser might as well go all out."

I can't decide if your ragging on the 40 or what haha...i would personally rather have my fj40 then a new fjc any day.

15. Val678

Val678

I'm READY!

16. grant5127

grant5127

I can't decide if your ragging on the 40 or what haha...i would personally rather have my fj40 then a new fjc any day.

Amen...

17. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd take the FJ25. No electronics to screw me over in the middle of nowhere. Give me a rig with a solid mill, few electronics, and spartan features that will get it done. No auto-locking hubs, no smog controls, no airbags, and no antilock brakes. Make it a diesel, make it simple, and make it under $16,000. It could be done rather easily. I will pay money for this rig and so would a lot of other people.

18. projektdotnet

projektdotnet

I signed it because I want an FJC with SFA and a Diesel :D

19. foxfab

foxfab

Media:
    Exactly!!

20. Trollhole

Media:
    Albums:
    I own two cruisers and am president of the Upstate Cruisers. You really think I would rag on any cruiser? I defend them all. I just think most of you are whistling "Dixie" thinking Toyota is going to spend Millions in testing, EPA, Crash testing, tooling and design to come out with a vehicle that only 20 or 30 thousand people would buy in it's life time. Save your money and either buy an Icon or better yet spend 30k and buy an original restored FJ40. It's not going to be under the 20 mark but it will still last a life time.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">