Hello - New Forum Member, Second Time 80 Owner! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings All!

I am Will (Gabriel is my lab; the LC passenger). I just bought a '95 LC for $5000 from a guy in Wilmington DE (I live just north of Nashville). I am waiting for it to arrive (tomorrow - so I am told). The truck was a company truck - never used for towing. It has 144k miles. The guy (second owner; 1st owner was the boss of his company) sent me a full packet of records. It seems the LC has been very well maintained. Pictures and description are here:

eBay Motors: Toyota : Land Cruiser (item 140303719503 end time Feb-24-09 20:54:16 PST)

I had a '97 LC two years ago (sold because of school). I'm glad to be back in the LC / 80 series crown again. I use a '00 BMW 540i/6 speed as my daily driver, so it will be nice to have the reliable Cruiser as a back-up (vehicle for around town/weekends use). Oh, and considering the cost of maintaining a 540, the Cruiser is a bargain to maintain. That being said, like any quality car, regular preventative maintenance is the key to keeping operating costs down.

I look forward to sharing in conversation with all of you on here!

Welcome to the site and back into cruisers. Have fun. :flipoff2:

I am adding a Polar Bear brush guard (anyone have any experience with those?), and some Hella fog lights (the ARB bar was tempting, but I don't think I will be doing that "level" off-roading. Other that, the first investment will be a full maintenance evaluation fixing any thing that needs it. Mods come after I know the LC is in top mechanical condition. Are there any rec's concerning preferred brake pads / rotors, etc?

I would have a look in the FAQ section regarding bolt on brush guards. We call them damage multipliers for a reason, I have personal experience with another 92 in this department. There are lots of other options for bumpers that may meet your needs.

There are lots of way to go with pads and rotors, if you plan to keep yours on pavement mostly there are some posts about drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. But OEM toyota parts are great as well. You may want to consider tearing apart knuckles and doing bearings and seals if you are going to be doing brakes.
with 144k on it, it should be about ready, this takes half a day (or longer if you dont get out of the house till after the crack of noon) if you have a bit of mechanical skill, research and tools and is an excellent way to get to know your vehicle's condition

good score for 5k..:clap: ........ best colour also.:D, personally I would get rid of the druglord gold emblems, maybe paint them black or swap them out..those front seats need some love also.

welcome back..

Welcome. Great lookin truck. Seems that you got a great deal. Does it come equiped with that magic dial?

Welcome back to the 80 club. Congrats!

Thanks, I will look at other options. I really liked the ARB bar. Maybe I could just suck it up and add one of those. Otherwise, thanks for all the other comments/suggestions. I do think I will get rid of the gold emblems. Any certain paint work best? ... oh, and it doesn't have the magic dials.

Bienvenido!!! = Welcome!!! You will become addicted! Pics please!!:flipoff2:

It's not in my possession yet (hopefully by tomorrow). You can see pics on the eBay ad I linked (original post).

Welcome Will - If you ever want to do any trail riding, let me know. We have a good group of local LC's around Cookeville. Looks like you got a deal to me, I hope it works out for you!

Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom