Hello From Tampa, FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So as a good newb that I am, i posted this on the wrong forum. haha So lets try this again

I'm a newb (obviously)

2k1 Toyota Land cruiser Owner.

Got over here thanks to a post on clublexus.

White LC with tan leather, no current mods besides wind deflectors on each window. I'm looking to convert to HIDs/Xenon's . Any Information will be greatly appreciated.

Oscar

Heres a pic of my LC

land1.jpg

Hope to learn lots from you guys.

Welcome. Nice rig (and house), I bought my '99 from a guy in St. Petersburg back in October 2002. He said he was selling it to get an H2, I wonder if he still has it. Anyway, despite some rhetoric you will hear about how the 100's can't wheel, you WILL learn a tremendous amount from this board.

Welcome!

take care of the good gal and she'll take good care of ya!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I know she'll take care of me. Her distant cousin took care of my family and I for over.. damn too many years. hehe I have a '76 White (cloth top converted to hard top + 4 spd manu.) In Colombia. I wish i could ship it over. I loved that thing :-(

Welcome, as far as your question, there is a headlight faq posted in the 100 series faq section at the top of all of the posts. It will cover what your options are with headlight upgrading. I chose the John Deere Upgrade and really like the difference. I only did the low beams as I feel the stock high beams are just fine-and I live where there are 0 street lights.

Oscar, glad you made it over here. It's definitely THE place for good info. Nice picture, I'll be in Tampa this weekend so I'll keep an eye out for ya on the road ;)

Again, Welcome! :beer:

Colombia and Florida, eh?
no wonder you can afford the nice gal and nice house...
how's bizness?
(just kidding, don't send the goons....)
:D

Haha its not like that at all.

Thanks, i'll definitely check the headlight FAQ.

TAD: Whereabouts? I'd love to show you around some local 4x4 spots, but i'm going to be out of town.
82' 911? very nice. mods? pics?

to everyone else: Thank you for the warm welcome.

odesoto said:
TAD: Whereabouts? I'd love to show you around some local 4x4 spots, but i'm going to be out of town.
82' 911? very nice. mods? pics?

Well, I'll be heading out of the port on a little cruise and I will be visiting the Florida Aquarium while down there. Where are some good spots to go out to eat?

The 911 is stock, but is a gray market euro spec car that was brought in through Florida by it's original owner so it's got some extra ponies and zero emissions equip. Currently it's patiently awaiting a high compression rebuild. ;)

Here's the car at about 120mph coming out of turn 4 at Texas World Speedway.
TWS10.03-004b.jpg

Haha well depending on what kinda food and prices you're looking at.

Right next to the aquarium you have this place called Channelside. (its a small version of coconut grove in miami, aka a "hang out place" ) There are a few good restaurants in there, banana joes, margarita mama's, splits ville (gameworks type of place (arcades + bowling) and also a hooters. Those are moderarely priced restaurants $$.

Beautiful car. Always been a fan of those.

G'Day Oscar, Cheers from the land of Oz.[yeah they let us on here too] nice rig there. Many years ago my Dad had a green Desoto bit of a suprise to see that.

oscar, welcome! very nice landcruiser. you will learn tons on this site!

Is J Burns still downtown? lived in tampa for 18yrs. and always loved the steak there. 20 year high school reunion next year and they are near the top of my list of places to eat!

scott

Haha, I've seen ads of DeSotos. I need to find a calendar that has some pictures

J Burns? Where was it located? Did you mean J alexander's or Bern's steak house?

Bern's steakhouse is still there. And Yes best steak in town (we have a lot of new restaurants, Ruth Chris', Flemings, J Alexanders) All have excellent food/service.

Hey guys - bumping this as my intro post.

Apparently age doesn't come alone, and I cant remember my password, and my old email account, no longer exists.

any mods reading this, if you could help, greatly appreciated.

In the meantime i've done some mods to my rig, and about 230k miles. Crossed the US (FL-CA) and back. The last 2 years, she's done great hauling duty for my new company, without skipping a beat. And i find myself back in the forums, and happily seem to have found the answer to my issue with the search function. (skid control ecu)

i've moved to LA --> Miami, and now i'm in St. Petersburg beach. I've seen a few rigs out here, but haven't reach out yet. If y'all see me, flag me down! would love to meet more of you in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom