Hello from Panama ! Introduction + Say hi to my new 1983 bj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there ! I'm new to the forum so i hope that i'm posting this thread in the right place :)

I'm Oz - originally from Tel Aviv , Israel and based in Panama since 2014. I work as an artist , carpenter & interior designer for a living , but been restoring , building , collecting , and racing cars since 2004 at the age of 15. Most of my life i've been in & under aircooled Vw's , but since i started to work in Latin America ( Panama , Colombia , Costa - Rica , Guatemala , Mexico , Ecuador , Nicaragua , and more ) , I've switched from drifting with old vdubs to 4x4ing . My daily car is a 1999 110 defender camper ( check my instagram @Ozechovoy)

Recently i quit my job as the lead Creative Director of a global hotel chain ( Selina ) , and decided to go back to my oldest hobby which is turning into my current profession - Car restorations & rebuilds. As most of you knows , Latin America is packed with old and mostly beat up toyota's , but i know how to find the good ones as i'm connected to local collectors that knows the "barn find" kind of toyota's (and others) special vehicles that you can find in Latin America , as i've been working all over central & south america for the last 6 years and know many car fans in every country i worked in .

This days i'm building a new business and platform for Classic land cruisers and land rovers ( defenders & series ) , and already have a good index of cars that i can get and ship .
I'm a "rookie" in the export/import field but been re-searching it very much in depth for the last 2 years on a dally base , and decided that now is the time to try ! so if you're looking for a specific vehicle , reach out and i'll do my best to help , and try to find your next project.

Attaching pictures of my new - old rig .

It's a 2nd hand , 1983 bj40 , all matching numbers & original .4 gears , disc brakes , wing windows and more. Original seats , The carpet was replaced , and the car was painted 2 years ago when it was bought from the original owner , and a new set of galvanised bolts and screws replaced the old ones. It does have some minor rust spots in the common places , but other then that, body panels are pretty flat and doesn't packed with bondo . I'm the 3rd owner and have some papers / invoices from the 80/ and 90' when the car was serviced. It seems like the car was not in off road / farm use , but more likely to describe it as a daily car with rough Panamanian roads which can be considered sometime as light off roading if you know what i mean :)

Please share your thoughts & Stay safe

Peace and love
OZ

@Ozechovoy

IMG_7999.JPG

8BA24088-BACF-4891-8A50-36247143BC15.JPG
IMG_7975 2.JPG
IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_8001.JPG

The economy tumbles.
Timing is bad for your new business,
the demand for vintage cars /LC (general)
tumbles in the USA
Prices drop.
Unemployment continues to rise in the U.S

Last news yesterday April 23, 2020
26 million people are out of work.

Some car/motorbike restorers have to cut jobs too
or have to close their business also, pretty sure....
...it's a "nice weather" business.

Last edited:
The economy tumbles.
Timing is bad for your new business,
the demand for vintage cars /LC (general)
tumbles in the USA
Prices drop.
Unemployment continues to rise in the U.S

Last news yesterday April 23, 2020
26 million people are out of work.

Some car/motorbike restorers have to cut jobs too
or have to close their business also, pretty sure....
...it's a "nice weather" business.

Thank you for your input .
These days I choose to stay positive and hope that the current crisis will disappear as fast as it showed up . I might be naive , but my goal is to keep positive and be creative .

stay safe !
Oz

HI Oz,

Welcome to the madness !

In pic #4 it looks like there is a shallow dent in the rear end or is that just the picture ?

Would you have pictures from under the hood and inside ?

HI Oz,

Welcome to the madness !

In pic #4 it looks like there is a shallow dent in the rear end or is that just the picture ?

Would you have pictures from under the hood and inside ?

Thanks !

there is no dent , just a reflection in the pic . It’s currently raining here and the car is parked in my garage, I’ll take a better pic later and send you so you’ll see that there is no dent... attached pictures of interior and under the hood ;)

D700974E-7A1C-457D-B234-332F3FF5425B.jpeg

659CC40D-5844-498C-8CFD-0A8102C9B1C0.jpeg

A22BB94F-E367-42A6-B19A-5EBBB2E70874.jpeg

CEE9ED58-F934-441F-ACC7-55928EDC5AF8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom