Hello from a new FJ80 member in northern CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you considered sending an oil sample to Balackstone Labs? Btw, welcome aboard.

Welcome fellow Coloradean. 300? not a bad price. As an aside, whatever you do don't get stuck in AM rush hour on I-25 S. Lol

Have you considered sending an oil sample to Balackstone Labs? Btw, welcome aboard.

I have considered it actually, I've heard you can get a decent amount of diagnostic info from an oil sample! Anyone have experience with how much a Blackstone test runs?

Welcome fellow Coloradean. 300? not a bad price. As an aside, whatever you do don't get stuck in AM rush hour on I-25 S. Lol

Thanks man, thanks to all the other folks sending welcomes my way! I've already had to do and I 25 rush-hour run down to Denver and back on amend-of-day parts delivery. NOT COOL!

Post a video of it. You upload a video to youtube and then post a link here. A lot of smart guys that can steer you in the right direction.

FWIW, on my 92 (different engine, the mighty 3FE!) I have been told I have a "knock" for the past 17-18 years (200k miles). Meh. It's my DD so I haven't been too eager to do a valve adjustment on it but I'm confident that's what it is.

And congrats on the find. I just picked up a 93, same color, same faded/deteriorated paint.

I have considered it actually, I've heard you can get a decent amount of diagnostic info from an oil sample! Anyone have experience with how much a Blackstone test runs?
For a gas engine, it will cost $25 unless they raised the price since i sent my last sample in a year ago. You can have them send you a kit for free. You can learn a lot from the monthly emails they send out too.

Quick hijack.... My wife went to Loveland high, I went to Thompson valley. Albeit, 20 years ago, but..... We now live in Phoenix, but do go back to visit here n there. Used to camp up the buckhorn and storm mountain pretty often. Good score on the cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom