Hello Florida wheelers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not a toyota guy, but this is the first forum with a lot of Florida guys I've found. I live in St. Augustine, and I used to have a black tracker with a white top, the only one in town. Anyway, now I'm getting a samurai, and I'm looking for fun places to wheel. Do you guys know of any spots around town? Would you mind if I tagged along on some of your trail rides in ocala and such?

Hi, I'm not suggesting you can't ride with the toyotas but there is another club called Mosquito County 4x4 and at least one guy in that group is into suzukis. I have riden with them a few times. Might not hurt to touch base with them too. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help, I'll look into them.

I live over behind the conch house...if ya want to swing in somtime let me know...

-Al

Awesome, I have a friend that lives right behind the conch house too. Do much wheeling in town? I know of a number of redneck mudholes but nothing serious. I've been out to Stonegate an number of times, there are a few trails down carter road off wildwood, and theres a whole network of stuff behind the courthouse.

I rally people for Alpha Pit which is an old rock quary....Its wicked fun. I have wheeled the shores numerous times...next time you are over my way swing down Ribault street and look for a Velveeta colored 60...and give me a hollar if im not under the hood of one of the cruisers...

I am up for wheeling, not a big fan of mud but me love dem rocks...

> not a big fan of mud but me love dem rocks

So, whatcher sayen iz Ya Kain't Bust Stuff In Da Mud :)

If you and Veveeta are ever in the Palm Beach area,
we have some mud that will amaze ya....

Boot-sucken, sticky, deep, truck-swalleren muck mud
da chitz got no bottom - ya juz keep sinken till yer floaten . . .

Ask CaptJim bout dat schtuff

I live in the shores and I've been back there a ton of times. Ever been up that big hill? When I pick up my samurai on saturday I want to give it a shot. I was actually down Ribault today at around 12, I had my eye out but didn't see any FJs.

Rocks here in Florida? I haven't been able to find any. Alpha pit sounds fun though, maybe next time I'll tag along if you guys don't mind.

Nope, you can follow me down...We are going down Nov. 11th...

You wernt looking hard enough...my fj80 was parked along side the house... :)

Last edited:
Yulp, been up and down every hill there.....drop me a line somtime....

Last edited:
I went out to the shores in my friends 2wd xj, we just walked around and looked at the trails. They are pretty awesome now, a lot of new stuff since a year ago when I went out there on my dirtbike.

yeah...was all over there this season and made a lot of trails...let me know if ya want to wheel it...when there is no surf of course...

I'm up for wheeling in the shores, I got my sammy and I went out there last night. On one of the back trails behind the big hills I took out my soft top on a rogue tree branch that was poking straight down and a lot thicker than it looked. Sucks that it was my first run and I knocked a nice hole in the soft top. A little duct tape went on it for now, tomorrow I think I'm going to sew some dental floss into the top and find something better to patch it with.

What day works good for you, I've got a few jeeper friends that will tag along too.

You might try using those patches they sell for tents. Should be waterproof too. ;)

Good idea. Duct tape is still sitting on it, cause I'm lazy and only like working on the weekends.

was out there last night testing out the front locker :)

I've been going out there every night for the last few days, I made it to the intercoastal when the tide wasnt out, there is some nice mud out there. I went pretty far, but didn't really feel like getting stuck because I was the only vehicle out there besides my friends 2wd (for now, 4wd is broken) xj that we left back at the big dunes. If you want to go out there sometime give me a call 540 3992.

will do....alpha is coming up let me know if your going...

-Al

Might be able to make it, I'm having some electrical trouble right now that is being a bitch, but maybe. I already took off, was supposed to go out of town but that got cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom