hello everyone... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello everyone i'm new here. currently have a 4runner right now. i was thinking of swapping my rig with a land cruiser. either a FZJ80 or HDJ81. im not sure which one is better but the deisel one would be good for gas milage for sure. which one do you guys think i should go for?

Welcome. Diesels rock.

Welcome, I just traded a great little '98 4runner for a '96 LC with some problems. The LC rides and drives far better for my purposes. You will find an unmatched depth of resources here. They do ask that you do some homework before posting questions...the search function combined with the FAQ posts have been very helpful.

welcome... does the hdj81 have a 1hd-t engine or a 1hd engine? or something else? diesel would definetly get u better gas mileage, but then again diesel prices aren't what they used to be.

oh and :flipoff2: for having the option of a diesel motor

Welcome... I'm a newbie too, but getting to know everyone here. It's a great community! I just recently purchased a 95' FZJ80 to replace my 2000 4Runner 4x4. I always wanted a land cruiser and I'm glad I went that direction. The Cruiser is unmatched. I can't speak for the diesel or other TLC models, but the 95 to 97 FZJ80's rock!

lol, thanx for the warm welcome guys.

fzjchase, the one im looking at is the turbo version(1HD-T) it cost more though since its imported from Japan and its a RHD(not that it matters) and between the Deisels they have 2 LC available right now one with auto and one with 5 speed. i wonder which one would be better?

i guess DIESEL it is then...

Welcome,

Diesel would be nice if you can scare one up. I wouldn't pass up a really clean "gasser" though.

1fz Vs 1hd-t...

1FZ VS 1HD-T, Of course 1HD-T better than 1FZ :flipoff2: should compare 1HD-T against 1FZ-Single Turbo or TWIN TURBO.Ohhh crap almost forgot Welcome here :flipoff2:
P.S pics below: FULLY TUNED 1HD-T and 1FZ-TT also one of the member here i believe his nickname KOFFER went to Japan 2 yrs ago and sat inside those 1FZ-TT (Pic) maybe he'll chime in later on :D

Cyrus,
It will not take you long to see we all have diesel envy

Get the cleaner one. Or the diesel.

We have diesel-envy down here...so if you hear a bunch of "diesel or nothing" responses...that would explain it.

Welcome :flipoff2:

You'll find the LC to be a much more solid ride then the Runner. Go with the diesel if you can .... if for no other reason then making us in the US droooollll :cool:

CYRUS said:
lol, thanx for the warm welcome guys.

fzjchase, the one im looking at is the turbo version(1HD-T) it cost more though since its imported from Japan and its a RHD(not that it matters) and between the Deisels they have 2 LC available right now one with auto and one with 5 speed. i wonder which one would be better?

i guess DIESEL it is then...

definetley go with the turbo diesel, if thats the case. for the 80, i'd choose the auto as well, but thats just me.

Welcome Cyrus I did have a nice FZJ 80 till my wife drove it.

Cyrus,
There are a couple of good importers (from what I hear) in the lower mainland. I'd get a diesel only for the mielage factor. I must say, though, I do like the torque with my 6 cyl gas. When I had the 3B in my 60 series, I was in heaven. It was slow, reliable, and cheep - things that I can do just fine with.

Later

Diesel is the way to go.

Welcome!!

how about lets do a vote since i have a choice of 2.

choice: 1
A/T
AC PS PW PL PM
1HD-T Turbo Diesel 4,200cc Engine
Front & Rear Difflocks
4WD
Heated Seats
Power Sunroof
Timing Belt Changed
Cool Box
RH-Drive
138,200Km