hello all...now with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Newb here. Weather is warming in Ontario so I'm am ready to start putting my Cruiser back together. Here are a couple of pics.
802994_1_full.jpg

802994_2_full.jpg

It's an 82 BJ42. Older B diesel, newer H55F, 3spd split T/C, 33x12.50's on 15x10's and trimmed rear fenders.

The next pics are of some scrap (setup parts) stampings I got from work. They are torsion beams/V-beams for the rear axle of a new (I'd have to kill you if I told you what kind of car) front drive car. 42.5-43" long and material is 0.190"thick. I am using one as the rear center channel for a custom rear bumper, but am wondering what else I might be able to use these for? Would you use them, for what?
802994_7_full.jpg

802994_6_full.jpg

Also, PO said T/C does a bit of whining and thinks bearings need replacing. Sound familiar? Want more advice before I order a bearing/seal kit. And the H55F likes popping out of 5th. What should I be looking at here?

Any info/advice is appreciated.

This is an awesome board from what I see too. Keep it up.

Later,
Kyle :beer:

Cup holders?????? Earl

Yeah I agree cup holders, wouldn't want that beer on your bumper there to spill. looks like it would weld nicely across the top dash! Other than that I can't see a use for it. But I'm sure someone has a creative idea. Nice lookin cruiser by the way!

I've posted those pics elsewhere and get nothing but replies on the cold pint of Grolsch sitting on my bumper. Is was a tasty beer. Actually, it was but one of a very long and historically significant line of tasty beers that I've had the pleasure to be acquainted with. Cupholder is out of the question though as I was planning on a fuel cell under the passenger seat and a draught beer cell under the drivers seat, complete with insulated draught lines running to the center of the steering wheel. I'll cap the rollcage and store my CO2 in there so the beer doesn't go flat. That's what the B in BJ42 stands for, beer. And it's a Toyota LandBrewster.

Anyhow, I'll post progress of the rear bumper as it happens, but am thinking of some other things that may or may not be feasible. I'll experiment. Any ideas on the T/C, tranny thing?

another thing to try is flipping your bezel before the nazi's come after you. ;p nice looking truck :cheers:

You could use it as a driveshaft skid. just make a mount that attaches it to the axle then make a pivot on the frame so that it can travel up and down with the movement of the suspension. Yes I think that would be perfect for that application.

ah yes, the bezel nazi's....I've heard of them. Was thinking of turning the "TOYOTA" and the "DIESEL" upside down too, but maybe that's too much jabbing? Driveshaft guards sound good.....nice. Thanks for the compliments on my ride too gents...

s373n said:
ah yes, the bezel nazi's....I've heard of them. Was thinking of turning the "TOYOTA" and the "DIESEL" upside down too, but maybe that's too much jabbing? Driveshaft guards sound good.....nice. Thanks for the compliments on my ride too gents...

actually, that sounds pretty funny. wish i'd thought of it, to tell you the truth :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom