Hello all! Newbie here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It all started 10 months ago when I picked up an 87 IFS 22R pickup with a blown HG for $400. I replaced the gasket, got her running and started wheeling a bit around Asheville. The truck has 338k and the only thing wrong is rust over the rear fender wheels. The experience I have had with my first Toyota has been nothing but joy.

A month ago I started looking for used 4Runners, then Tacomas, then LCs. I ended up buying a 1995 FZJ80 unlocked and bone stock with the exception of the factory brush guard(garbage). The PO had maintained it meticulously and the cruiser was in great running order with the exception of a couple cosmetic problems. PS fender was dented in due to brush guard and rear PS door has a dent. I stumbled across MUD and realized that I had made the right decision by purchasing a LC with a good service record, and realized how I wished it had factory lockers.

I have done the CDL/Pin 7 mod, removed the running boards/mud flaps and have an Aussie locker on the way. Next mod will be to extend the breathers followed by an OME lift. I am leaning towards fabricating my own sliders/bumpers with the help of some friends, just need to do more R&D first.

I have already learned a lot about 80s but have a long way to go. Here are a few quick pics I took, more quality ones to follow. IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg
IMG_4896.jpg
IMG_4897.jpg
IMG_4893.jpg

welcome.
you need to hook up with the Olde North State Cruiser guys down there.
they are a good group of guys.

welcome to the addiction!:steer:

Addiction is right! Wallet is already lighter :doh: .

Thanks for the heads up on the ONSC. Looks like there are a few Upstate Cruisers nearby as well.

welcome to the mud:flipoff2: Owning Land Cruiser is priceless. For anything that comes after that, use your Visa!!!!:cheers:

Welcome... you've a very clean 80.. enjoy..

Welcome !! White is always a good color

Welcome to the world of the FZJ80. Where negative cash flow is the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom