Hello all! New to Cruisers in NOLA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello LA Land Kreweser Crew!

My name is Josh and I have finally made it over to the dark (better in this case) side. I sold my Disco and bought a Hundy. I met Lance a couple weeks ago (great guy) attempting to come to a deal on his 80, but ended up snagging a 99 uzj100 instead. I would consider myself fairly competent with a wrench, of course I am because I owned a Land Rover, but I have always been a road course racing guy. I wanted to start dipping into the off road trail game, so now I am very excited to finally be in something that I feel won't leave me stranded. Hope to met up with you guys soon, and start learning from the more experienced of you.

See you soon,
Josh

Congrats on coming to your senses. :lol:

You should come to our Nov meeting which is going to be a wrenching session as well as a meeting.

Our next meeting will be Sat Nov 22nd. This one will be at the new EHEO shop on the west bank and it will be a meeting / wrenching session. What we need are folks to speak up about what they want to get done during the wrenching. You can speak up here or on FB but please not on both. It gets confusing to us old guys when that happens. :D

Also, the EHEO guys are talking about cooking but no promises there just yet.

The address:
2560 Breaux Ave
Harvey, La 70058

As we get more info I will update everyone.

Look forward to seeing old and new faces out there.

Thanks to extensive knowledge of Land Rovers (and by that I mean watching British Top Gear) I understand your wrenching reference lol
welcome to the yota side though!!

racing huh, what do you race? I've always wanted to get a 944 or miata to do some autocross on the weekends

Thanks bang bang! I am going to have to check my work schedule because I do work shifts, but I think I can make it that weekend.

LFJ- Nothing really crazy. I have done a few track days in my rx7 (hence the user name), but I race in a lot a of 24hoursoflemons and chumpCar racing with the two 91 civic hatchbacks (same crx chassis) I have. Don't let them fool you....they are properly quick machines plus cheap parts, easy to wrench on, and I won't feel as guilty when I stuff it around a corner one day. Plus those series are great because it is true wheel to wheel racing unlike track days.

Last edited:
welcome :cheers:

and when/where is your next lemons race ? I have always wanted to see one in person :bounce:

Next race is in Houston on the 10th. Im hoping nola msp hosts a race next year.

Wow I totally missed the fd3 lol

Very cool

Do y'all do a running start too?

Yeah as much as I don't like front wheel drive or honda either, a gutted and tuned hot hatch is damn quick

No running starts, but i wish we did. To tell you the truth the hatch was not my first choice. I wanted a first gen rx7, but the car was sort of given to us so we went with it. I am actually very happy it worked out that way, and super impressed with the little car. Here she is at the starting line at Sebring in June.

20140705_095001.jpg

I wanted to ask if you guys have a good reputable LC mechanic around New Orleans? I am not having any issues, but just wanted to see if you all can suggest a reliable shop. Thanks!

Great! Thanks..

Contemporary Automotive is my shop - personal friend and one of his mechanics is a JDM master. Steve's 4x4 - another really good shop.

Guys, seems I am having a bit of a clear coat issue on my hood that started as tiny drops and the past few months ran rampant on the drivers side. I think something (chemically) got on the hood. Any suggestions for a quality paint shop around town? Not looking to spend a fortune, but I understand paint isn't cheap stuff.

Sorry to hear that Josh. Unfortunately not many of our members hang out on MUD any more. Most didn't like the new software. I used to be on here daily but now that the app doesn't work I am not on as frequently. You should try our FB group if you're not already a member.

As for your question, I don't know of any shop that does good work. Last truck I had painted I did it myself. I used NAPA single stage paint and spent maybe $100 on paint and supplies. Sanded, cleaned it and shot 3 coats in a friend's shop (no paint booth).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom