Hello 12ht Gurus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you, yes I have an Intercooler. I am looking at my set up now. How critical is this to the function of my engine? I think this hose has been dis connected for a while. Thx
Thanks for the clarification on your set up with intercooler. You are esentialy reproducing the way it should be.
I wouldn’t say it’s critical, the engine will run either way. It Is best to have the boost compensator connected as it was intended though. When all is functioning properly the boost compensator, signalled by boost pressure meters the injection pump rack and adds more fuel as demand is brought on.

Thanks for the clarification on your set up with intercooler. You are esentialy reproducing the way it should be.
I wouldn’t say it’s critical, the engine will run either way. It Is best to have the boost compensator connected as it was intended though. When all is functioning properly the boost compensator, signalled by boost pressure meters the injection pump rack and adds more fuel as demand is brought on.
Thank you so much for your patience, I will take a look at my set up this morning. We are also moving further south this morning, if i don’t get it done this morning I will continue when I get to my next location. The one thing i don’t see on my engine is what i circled on the picture below. It looks like another filter. I want to take you again for your help. 🙏🏽
3CBB3722-2EF8-4343-AA41-8B8167FFA7A1.jpeg
Again i want

Thank you so much for your patience, I will take a look at my set up this morning. We are also moving further south this morning, if i don’t get it done this morning I will continue when I get to my next location. The one thing i don’t see on my engine is what i circled on the picture below. It looks like another filter. I want to take you again for your help. 🙏🏽View attachment 1927690 Again i want

Your welcome! I hope your trip continues well! What you have circled I believe it is a one way check valve as noted in the piping diagram, which in the diagram is not connected to the hose you have circled and it is also caped off it the diagram as well. This motor was a JDM parts motor that I have recently rebuilt and it had that plugged into that hose which I believe is incorrect. Like I said I will likely cap that line off when the installation is complete as I don’t have the boost indicator light system in my HJ60. Great luck to you going forward! 👍

Last edited:
And to be clear on the hose connections:

The boost compensator is connected to the pressure side of the intake, and most often that port is located near or just as the boosted air enters the intake manifold.

The boost controller is placed between the turbo pressure port and wastegate actuator. This is also where I take my boost gauge reading. Which is located after the intercooler, where I think it gives the most accurate readings.

Both are separate systems with their own separate hoses.

I don't have any filters on my Isuzu engine stock. I would think the intake air would be clean, as it's going into the engine. Could the plastic parts be something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom