Hella Twin Supertone Horns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got these to replace the worn out OEM. I've used the stock wiring and they sound like sick little bicycle horns. I plan on using the included relay but I'm not too sure about the wiring schematic. Wiring is not my forte. I have an 89 FJ62. I've included the two diagrams that I believe are my situation. I've marked up the first one with questions.
Hella Supertones.JPG
Hella Supertones_1.JPG

Last edited:
From left to right:

-yes just a regular in line fuse. This is needed because you're creating a new circuit.

-That looks like the stock horn

-the wires you want to use to trigger the relay are the + and - at the horn itself. Looks like the diagram shows the existing horn and steering wheel circuit for reference.

HTH

From left to right:

-yes just a regular in line fuse. This is needed because you're creating a new circuit.

-That looks like the stock horn

-the wires you want to use to trigger the relay are the + and - at the horn itself. Looks like the diagram shows the existing horn and steering wheel circuit for reference.

HTH
Is the 89 FJ62 grounded at the wheel like in illustration 2a or is it like illustration 2b? Just not too sure which illustration to follow for circuit 85 and 86 off of the relay.

I'll be interested to see how this works because I was really disappointed in my Hellas.
I guess I could just try to run one off the battery directly to see if it sounds different.

I plugged directly into the battery to make sure they worked and I felt the horn all the way to my toes. It's really loud with the right amount of juice. Plugged into the stock wiring, they sound terrible.

Is the 89 FJ62 grounded at the wheel like in illustration 2a or is it like illustration 2b? Just not too sure which illustration to follow for circuit 85 and 86 off of the relay.

Pins 85 and 86 don't care which is + and which is -.

Since the horns are near the battery that is a convenient area for the relay. When you remove the stock horns, use one set of the wires and connect them to the 85 and 86 on the relay. That way, pressing the horn on the steering wheel will energize the relay, completing the new circuit you wired and sounding the Hellas.

So i had these wired direct without the relay and they were unimpressive. I rewired them with the relay using this post and holy cow. Startled the crap out of me when I first hit it.

I had a set of Fiamm blaster horns on a motorcycle in the past. My recollection was they were more than adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom