hella repacement lamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can i find a hella replacement lamp for a 74 fj40? Mine has a no name lamp that doesn't work and a hella lamp that is simply amazing for halogen. I would like to replace the no name with another hella lamp. Where in the heck can I find one? Thanks

Found them thruogh O'Reily's of all places. I'll post the part number exact cost as soon as it gets here. Very good and original looking upgrade imho.

I have used Hella Vision Plus lamps. The housing replaces a standard H6024 lamp (7" round lamp). The bulb is replaceable (the bulb configuration is called HB2, and is the same as H4 except the pin assignment. H4 is for Europe, HB2 is for USA).
The model number is 70477. You should be able to have any local auto parts store order this for you. I got mine for about $40 each, including the HB2 bubls). You can get higher wattage replacement bulbs as well.

It really depends if you'd like to stay legal. The optics difference between European lamps and DOT lamps is significant. I wouldn't call it "far superior", but just different.

I suspect that you would not have any law enforcement issues if you chose the European lamps and aimed them correctly. Although not legal - they probably wouldn't care.

I'd suggest that you check your wiring for the lamps while you're in there. Use a multimeter to check for battery voltage and ground resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom