1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hella customer satisfaction tops.

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by IdahoDoug, Mar 11, 2004.

1. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

On Feb 19, I said this:

"Update on my Hella 80 9006 low beams.  As you know, I'd been awaiting a replacement for one  that burned out prematurely from rallylights (was offered a deal on a replacement, actually) when the whole "Hella stopped shipping them" thing came to light.  The other one burned out today.  So, I have no low beams until Monday when the Narva's arrive and am using the fogs to get around.  According to my log, the first one lasted 4632 miles and the second one 4940 miles.  At an average speed of around 25mph, that's a whopping 191 hour life.  I'm mailing mine to Hella in Atlanta with a copy of the log and reciept.  I'll let you know what happens.
    DougM"

Well, I sent my burned out bulbs and a note expressing my dissatisfaction to Hella in Atlanta. I explained that I no longer needed bulbs as I'd had to get another brand and suggested they make good on them by sending me a set of Rally 3000 covers since mine were deteriorating. Within 6 days of sending this, I got a package today with a set of free covers. Nice to know someone's listening, and this is why I've been a diehard Hella fan for 25 years. Thought you'd all like to know.

DougM

2. scottm

scottm

Media:
    Albums:
    Great, sounds like they're trying. I expect quality from Hella, in fact I just recieved a new Hella H4 for the quattro. Do you think their quality has really slipped or was this unusual? Two of my four Hella bulbs have failed in the last 100k, I think that's good.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    Kinda off topic, but my Toyota parts guy and his wife went into the Shane Company(Jewelry store) and were looking at some rings, no one wanted to help them(non commision store).........so they left. Al's wife wrote a note to the manager. She got a call a few days latter. Manager said please come back, you will be happy you did. So they went back........manager asked what ring he was looking at, she pointed to a shapire.......manager asked if she really like it, she said yes........how much? "$2000" but its your for free!!!!!!!! no kiddin..........Al and Corin could not belief it. She never bitched, just wrote a letter that she thought no one would actally read.

4. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

BK,

Actually, I've probably purchased more Hella stuff than anyone on this list and don't think their quality is slipping at all. This is the only Hella item I've ever been unhappy with. In addition, the covers were not meant as "solice" (actually solace) at all. I specifically requested them in lieu of replacement bulbs. Clearly they'd have sent bulbs if they willingly sent larger and more expensive items. I give them extra credit for sending me what I wanted rather than sticking to some corporate line and stubbornly giving me bulbs. They also sent them UPS 2-day service, which was aces again.

DougM

5. Beowulf

Beowulf

Makes ya wonder if you could have asked for Rally 3000 lights with a spare set of covers. :D

-B-

6. cary

cary

I don't think that Hella per say has quality problems, the problem has been trying to find a quality producer of 9004, 9005 & 9006 hi output bulbs. Because these fitments are mostly used in the US, there is little demand for them, and hence no German Hi-watt bulb producers. I believe all other Hella bulbs, including hi output bulbs are German sourced, whether they are actually manufacured by Sylvania, Osram, or Narva.

Cary

7. ginericLC

ginericLC Wagon Wheeler! SILVER Star

I had a cool customer experience with my Cruiser on Wed. I lost 4.5 ounces of weight on my rear wheel. It was really bad. And I had some other out of balance tires on my other 3, but not as severe. I went into Costco and asked if they had time to balance 4 tires. I told them that I would pay for the balance. I had a receipt but it wasn't from me, but that the tires were purchases at Costco by the previous owner. The manager was impressed that I offered to pay and he told me that the warranties and lifetime balances were not transferable anyway. He told me that it was refreshing that I didn't try to lie about the receipt. They balanced all of my tires for $8. And they cleaned up my wheels and tires.