Hell Creek Vs. HFS 4" lift in 2008 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
kartchcustoms.com
I know there was some shackle angle issues with the Hell Creek but it appears to have been taken care of in recent posts. Is that the case?

What are all your thoughts on the two lifts for those who have them? There is such a big price difference that I'm not sure it makes sense to buy the HFS, or does it?????

I have a 79 FJ40. What is the difference between the pre-79 kits and the 79 and newer?

For what I'm going to use it for I'm not going to go SOA. I'd like to put together a realistic list of what additional is needed for each lift kit so I can compare apples to apples.

I won't be using the shocks in the HFS kit. I have a price somewhere what the kit is minus the shocks. I'll probably be doing the ford shock tower mod along with some Bilsteins.

I will be running some 35" Baja claws that I already have. I will hopefully be trimming only the rear fender.

Thanks in advance!

I know there was some shackle angle issues with the Hell Creek but it appears to have been taken care of in recent posts. Is that the case?

What are all your thoughts on the two lifts for those who have them? There is such a big price difference that I'm not sure it makes sense to buy the HFS, or does it?????

I have a 79 FJ40. What is the difference between the pre-79 kits and the 79 and newer?

For what I'm going to use it for I'm not going to go SOA. I'd like to put together a realistic list of what additional is needed for each lift kit so I can compare apples to apples.

I won't be using the shocks in the HFS kit. I have a price somewhere what the kit is minus the shocks. I'll probably be doing the ford shock tower mod along with some Bilsteins.

I will be running some 35" Baja claws that I already have. I will hopefully be trimming only the rear fender.

Thanks in advance!

I have the HellCreek kit and am very happy. I have ridden in an OME truck and the ride was a little better, but it did have more weight and the springs were well broken in. I can not compare to the HFS kit though.

My shackle angle is good. I think the older issue has been resolved but if you contact him I am sure he will be willing to help.

I am very happy with my lift, especially for the money. The customer service was great and the shipping fast.

My wife's 79 is running the CCOT HFS suspension with extended shackles:

suzysFJ40softtop%20001.jpg

I have the HellCreek kit and am very happy. I have ridden in an OME truck and the ride was a little better, but it did have more weight and the springs were well broken in. I can not compare to the HFS kit though.

My shackle angle is good. I think the older issue has been resolved but if you contact him I am sure he will be willing to help.

I am very happy with my lift, especially for the money. The customer service was great and the shipping fast.

Does the Hell Creek system center the wheel in the wheelwell? What size tires are you running?

My wife's 79 is running the CCOT HFS suspension with extended shackles:

Are those 33's? Love your rig. Mine is a Freeborn red hardtop. I want to get whatever lift i have installed so I can trim the rear fender and then paint the whole rig. I'm not going to run fender flares and want to keep an OEM look to the cutout.

Again, it looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom