For Sale Helena, MT FJ40 Frames, tubs, Various parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have two parts 40s for sale.
1. 1970 FJ40 clean frame with tub (white). Rear section of tub has rust and damage, someone cut a section of the drivers side floor pan out but the rest of the floor is in decent shape. No drivetrain, steering column is removed. Vin tag is present, will include bill of sale. $1500 OBO
PXL_20220123_230736904.jpg

PXL_20220123_230718914.jpg

1970fj40cowl.jpg

PXL_20220123_230725082.jpg

2. Pre 1965 frame and tub. Back of the tub is in rough shape but floor pan from B-post forward is clean. Someone hacked the dash face off, rest of the cowl is solid. Frame looks to be solid minus someone cut the drivers side front frame horn off. No vin tag present, Serial number plate is there. $750 OBO
pre65FJ40dash.jpg

pre65FJ40ds.jpg

Also have the front fenders for the pre 65, rest of the front clip, windshield frame, and door are gone. 1970 1F and rear axle can be included if desired. I can update photos next weekend

What do you want for the rear axle and what year is it (fine or course spline?)

I know where you got those from.
I scavanged lots of parts from them thru the years.
they've both been sitting for 15+ years
the 1970 is an early 1970 as it still had single circuit brakes
the other IIRCC was a 1962

I figured you would know about them, thank you for clarifying on the 62!

62 would have taller B-pillars and windshield would attach to dash by a bracket with a single bolt/nut like on 20 series instead of latch and hook. That said, B-pillars could have been cut, and that could be a different windshield frame.

Last edited:
That is correct, the windshield frame does have the slightly later catches. Maybe a 64? I don't know what year they changed that exactly. The windshield frame looks to be original. Ill get a picture of the serial number this weekend and see if that shows anything.

62 would have taller B-pillars and windshield would attach to dash by a bracket with a single bolt/nut like on 20 series instead of latch and hook. That said, B-pillars could have been cut, and that could be a different windshield frame.

all true, it also has the fan inlet.
there were 3 things I removed in years gone by from that rig that said it was earlier,
it had OEM 2 sided front turn signals and the screens in the windshield vents were the older style, it also had the earlier version of the throttle linkage where it went straight thru the firewall versus the later that went thru the firewall at a 90 towards the rear of the engine #6 cylinder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom