Height maximums for FJ40 driving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Shriners manage to drive smaller cars.

I'm only 6' tall but still felt cramped with the stock seat all the way back. Flipping the brackets helped tremendously, along with using a FJ55 steering column for my PS conversion. Wish I did this years ago.

you'll fit but the pedals will seem close or in a weird spot.
I'm 6ft and they're too close and high in the stock position. Ok for short trips but can be annoying

Last edited:
I'm 6'2", and had to modify my stock seat rails (then eventually bought aftermarket seats) to make mine comfortable to drive long distances.

I am 6'3".
My FJ40's previous owner removed the seat mounting frames and installed a roll cage with a frame for the seats mounted to the cage.
It was OK, but I recently got new seats, decided I didn't like how they fit the frame, took it out, cut some of it up and welded it back together.

PXL_20201115_060249745.jpg

PXL_20201115_060241477.jpg

There's about another day of work left to get the seats mounted. And likely a little more research and parts needed to sort out the seat belts before I'm driving it again. But on a test fit, it was great, plenty of leg room, as much as most other cars I've ever driven.

The new to me seats came from a BMW, something like a ~2000 5 series (e39?). The leather on these things is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom