HEi : O-ring or gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
O.k. After changing the intake on my 1985 305 V8, I got confused by the HEI dizzy. I have a O-ring AND a gasket in my gasket kit, but I only have a gasket on the dizzy. Is it possible that the O-ring is for another model ?

i know that on my GM (hei) dizzy, there was an o-ring on the diz shaft....which dizzy do you have?

malphrus

The V8 gasket set fits many different years. Mine have all been gaskets (327 & 350) Maybe the newer ones use Orings

.which dizzy do you have?

GM HEI on a 305 V8.

i know that on my GM (hei) dizzy, there was an o-ring on the diz shaft.

What year / model is your engine?

Mine have all been gaskets (327 & 350) Maybe the newer ones use Orings

If I have the gasket on my dizzy, then it means I don't need the O-ring?

Thanks !!

When I installed it on my 2F, the o ring didn't do the job. I made a gsaket amd e-mailed Performance distributors to see what was the correct answer. They sent me a gasket which will sit on the shelf until the next time I take mine out.

As you have a different engine, not sure if this is apllicable.

Ken

i've got two...one oring style, one gasket style.

o.k. now I know I have the gasket style but, how can you know if you get one used or at the junkyard? There must be a way to see it?? If I have a gasket style dizy , can I use a O-ring style dizzy in my engine?

wish i could help out more....i put a diz out of a 79 nova with a 260 i-6 into my 2F, so i have no clue about v8 stuff...sorry

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom