Heep Rescue!!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rescued my first Heep Tues on Broken Arrow!!!! Full write to follow. Left the digital at home by mistake and had to buy a disposible. Give me a few days.... Isn't this some sort or Right of Passage? Do I get a badge?

Rescued my first Heep Tues on Broken Arrow!!!! Full write to follow. Left the digital at home by mistake and had to buy a disposible. Give me a few days.... Isn't this some sort or Right of Passage? Do I get a badge?

So you did a trail clean up on your own, and to think you were disappointed a few weeks ago with the way your rig was running. Just goes to show what LC's are made of, even when they are running poorly.:D

BTW, only after your tenth one, can you acquire a badge.

They are a dime a dozen on the trail and every one of their owners thinks he can wheel!:flipoff2:

:beer: D

The guy was playing around off the trail on the Slick Rock area that is right after Submarine Rock (I t hink thats what it's called, where you can drive 360 degrees around the Spire.) It's that part where it has a very step up that I always hit my wantabee pull bar (aka brush guard.) He was stradling the crack and his drivers side slipped and he got lodged in the crack pretty good.

maybe thats how they stack items in the deep sections so the other Jeeps can get by?

He wasnt too happy when I jumped out of my Cruiser and started snapping pics right away.

maybe thats how they stack items in the deep sections so the other Jeeps can get by?
Hahahaha :D but seriously, if you look at the trails that the pink Jeep guys run you can see where they've stacked or groomed to make everything foolproof.

Make something foolproof and they'll just make a better fool.
Looks like you found the better fool.

He wasnt too happy when I jumped out of my Cruiser and started snapping pics right away.

I would consider this bad form. You never know when it will be your turn to need help on the trail.

I would consider this bad form. You never know when it will be your turn to need help on the trail.

You must be talking about Karma. I dated that chick... man can she be crazy at times.;)

Nah....bad form would have been taking pics and leaving them stuck. Sounds like he rescued them...so the pics are then just pics of the scene upon arrival...maybe some more pics after the save?

Bravo, good sir, bravo.

It wasnt bad form. I was more that happy to help him and he was very grateful. I just got the pics back today. There are terrible from a disposible camera and the wiffy didnt get them on CD give me a day or two.

No It was a grey Wrangler. I did see quite a few Red jeeps with yellow stickers. Arent they rentals? This guy was from Presscot. Nice guy. And I was surprised he made it waya with no body damage. But I think i was because I convincd him to let me pull with at an angle away from the rock intsead of over it. I think he wasnt thinking straight cause he was a bit freaked about hi rig.

No It was a grey Wrangler. I did see quite a few Red jeeps with yellow stickers. Arent they rentals?
Yes, they are mine.

This guy was from Presscot. Nice guy. And I was surprised he made it waya with no body damage. But I think i was because I convincd him to let me pull with at an angle away from the rock intsead of over it. I think he wasnt thinking straight cause he was a bit freaked about hi rig.
Yeah, a Wrangler afraid of body damage has no business in that crack--you need a wider rig to climb that crack without falling in.

Good trailmanship! :)

Reality is that a Jeep is just another supposed poser rig with a four-letter word on the grille.
They built a truck in '96 that weighs in at less than 2800 lbs. This truck cannot ever compare to the 6,000 lb Land Cruiser. In the land of light buggies, 2500 lbs was heavy. It was not a light car. Jeep is in that class. It is not a light play car, nor is it a real 4wd. It lacks the long-travel suspension to compete in the light class. Yet it lacks the real metal to play in the heavy class. Where does the Jeep really fit? It is really just a play car.
As far as real off-road trucks go, the Jeep has no place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom