Heavy Rain and Extended Use - Issues with AC and Sunroof Leakage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently took the beast on a 1600 mile road trip to Florida and back. It ran perfectly outside of an issue I experienced with the ac. After running for a few hours I noticed it was struggling to cool the cabin. Luckily we drove at night so we didn't sweat the entire 10 hours.

On the way back it rained heavily and noticed large drops coming from the condensor under the glove box and the console trim near the passengers leg. I have already replaced the condensor seal and added silicon in the past.

So you all think this drain mod that I added may be backing up the water and causing the condensation? My mechanic checked all the drains and found no blockage.

I also recently changed the sunroof seal and a large puddle of water fell on my back the next day after the trip. May just need an adjustment but also wondering if it's related to the ac.

IMG_20200821_123006.jpg

IMG_20200821_122355.jpg

IMG_20200821_122345.jpg

AC: if you have a filter and removable door the seal cracks and leaks there if the drain isn't backed up.

Sunroof: seal should be fine just make sure it's flush, also open up the sunroof and snake out the sunroof drains with some weedwacker line. A few threads exist on the drains.. but the basics are: look in the corners of the sunroof when open. You'll see the holes. The front ones seem to get clogged easily and causes dripping when water gets past the sunroof seal. The front drains go down the A pillar into the pinch weld area. If you look at your pinch weld there are small openings (about 5 per side) this is where the water drains out. Use a pine needle or something thin like that to make sure those are clear. Then you can test the sunroof drains with a bottle of water.

Get some weed wacker line and run it through the drains on the sunroof. I think there are 4 total and should be apparent when you open up the sunroof all the way.
For the A/C, you may just need a new gasket for that cover.

Get some weed wacker line and run it through the drains on the sunroof. I think there are 4 total and should be apparent when you open up the sunroof all the way.
For the A/C, you may just need a new gasket for that cover.

So I had all the drains blown out but will try the weed Wacker line as well. Thanks for both of your replies.

For the condenser, I replaced it only a few months ago and added extra sealant and insurance. When looking in the area under the passenger foot well, the entire condenser was really wet and also dripping from other areas. That's the head scratcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom