Heavy duty floor mats for 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for suggestions for heavy duty floor mats for my 80. I would like them for my whole truck because I usually bring people along when wheelin and mud gets everywhere all over the carpet. So if anyone knows of where or what they think I should get please chime in. I am tired of washing these carpets and they smell like crap so any help is much abliged. Oh and yes I know lining the floor with truck bed liner would be nice and I will probably eventually do that someday, but money does not permit for that right now. :cheers:

Josh

I bought some cheepo deep tread ones at Wally world ~$15, black or tan

I am looking more for a rubber mat and not so much plastic. I had the husky mats in my tahoe and didn't like them because they would get in the way a lot and flip over my pedals and almost kill me.

I've got the Wally World DEEP tread ones as well. They're great, stay in place, and a snap to clean. I actually dropped an open bottle of water while driving the other day and spilled a bunch before I was safetly able to pick it up. The mat contained the whole spill. Good luck.

I got a really nice set of rubber mats from Costco...they have been really good. it is like $20 for 2 fronts and 2 back mats. they have deep grooves and will hold alot of water...i bet there is close to 15 lbs of rubber in the set!

ps come in Tan and Grey unless they have changed

barrypt5

Got the Husky's in the front of mine, really like them....they do slide forward a little, but I can't see any way they could interfere with the pedals....

barrypt5 said:
I got a really nice set of rubber mats from Costco...they have been really good. it is like $20 for 2 fronts and 2 back mats. they have deep grooves and will hold alot of water...i bet there is close to 15 lbs of rubber in the set!

ps come in Tan and Grey unless they have changed

barrypt5

I bought the same ones at Costco and they hold a lot of crap in them. Plus they don't look that bad either.

I've had the Husky's in mine for several years and I have had no fitment issues with them. Perhaps it was the way they fit in that particular vehicle that was the problem. I don't know anybody with Husky's in an 80 that does not like them.

D-

There's a "bolster" neer the gas pedal on my husky liner where the liner refuses to stay flat against the right side of the footwell. Sometimes if the liner slides far enough forward, it will impede the pedal. I've thought about cutting the bolster out. Anyone have any ideas, tricks, etc.? I've tried putting a cinder block on the liner (outside of the truck, of course) to flatten it out, but no dice.

The husky cargo liner for the rear, on the other hand, is awesome.

Cheers,
Jay

I had the Costco mats, but I didn't like the fit and decided to cut the driver side mat to clear the foot rest. Well still wasn't totally happy with the fit and the 2nd row mats didn't cover the center portion of the carpet.

Anyways, I found a used set of Husky liners for front, 2nd row and cargo area and they work perfect. What I like about them is they cover almost everything that could potentially become soiled from someones feet. The 2nd row liner is great and acutally goes under portions of the front seat and fits snuggly around the center console.

Best of luck,

Russell

I've experienced the problem that Stucky is refering to with the Husky mats. It's very unnerving comming over an obstacle at greater than necessary speeds and not be able to stop because the mat slid around and caused the rubber to catch the botom of the accelerator pedal.

Whatever for the front, personally I like the Huskies, and have carved a chunk out of it near the gas pedal to keep it from the occasional catching problem. For the middle row, the husky fit is perfect. It could not be better, my kids spill so much crap on that thing, and it never escapes...same for the rear....

I found new Huskey floor liners on Ebay from Elevate Auto Supply that seemed to be a very resonable price. Front and back liners were $49.99 per set and cargo liner was $73.99. Black, Brown or Grey. Just FYI

Fix the movement of the Huskys in the front with those pokey-grippy feet deals sold at any hardware store. Velcro works pretty well too.

No B.S. Josh -- Husky's the way to go. I have them for the front, 2nd and rear (cargo area). IMHO, they're simply the best.

Alright well thanks for the suggestions. I am gonna check out some of these sites and get me some. Because my carpet has this terrible mud stain just becasue they get muddy every weekend. Ih8mud. Well thanks again!

Try these http://www.matdepot.com/Carmats/Car...=LAND CRUISER&p_year=1994&category=RubberTite

I have the rear cargo mat and like it a lot. The guy is in Richmond (near you) but he drop ships everything and shipping is included in the price. I plan on going with the second row mat too since it is one piece. Still try to figure out if I'll go with these in the front. They don't hold as much as Costco's I have in there now.

I've used weathertech for 10 years now. www.mats.com

The rubber under the hear wears through. I poured a round of epoxy in the worn heal area and now they'll never wear out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom