Heavy Duty 1FZE Motor Mounts ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've never had issues with my OEM motor mounts, but I'm sure it can happen, and yeah you're putting yours through some hard use. The Tuff Mounts that @scottryana posted the link to would probably be the best solution. There are similar motor mounts used commonly in minitruck rockcrawlers. They are strong, but poly bushings will transfer a LOT more motor vibration to the cabin. Chaining the motor to the frame will also help, especially if you stick with OEM mounts. That's a bit of an old school trick but it works and keeps the rubber from separating, and won't have the vibration issues that the solid poly bushing mounts will.

I have never heard of the chaining the motor to the frame, ill do some research and will consider it. Appreciate the advice !

this is going to sound like a dumb question but I just watched the video. And I am on my phone but it looks like the front is IFS? A 105 would be solid axle and a 100 wouldn’t have a 1FZ. Is this engine swapped or suspension swapped or is my phone just to hard to see?

You might be surprised what other markets got. The 1FZ did indeed come in a 105 and there is actually such a thing as a 101-series. The 1FZ was also produced until 12/2006 in yes of all things an 80-series. That’s right the 80 was made until the end of 2006 depending on market.

Cheers

Let me know how you go. I've been told locally that they tend to tear the frame mounts out which is why I've never tried them. Dont know if thats true tho.
I do have a chain with heat-shrink over it (no clanking) bolted back to the frame to prevent over extend but have had no mount problems in 2 years plus since I went back to genuine with the insulators over them.

I know they had them in the 105, but the 105 is solid axle. That appears on my phone to be IFS. I was unaware of an IFS 100 series with the straight 6.

You might be surprised what other markets got. The 1FZ did indeed come in a 105 and there is actually such a thing as a 101-series. The 1FZ was also produced until 12/2006 in yes of all things an 80-series. That’s right the 80 was made until the end of 2006 depending on market.

Cheers

I know they had them in the 105, but the 105 is solid axle. That appears on my phone to be IFS. I was unaware of an IFS 100 series with the straight 6.

FZJ100 in the gasser, produced until late 2007. As well as FZJ105.

Diesel, HDJ100, HDJ101 & HZJ105.

Cheers

Cheers

Yeah I heard that they kept on making 80 series for the Venezuelan market.

Yeah I heard that they kept on making 80 series for the Venezuelan market.

Yup, and hopefully that means a lot of parts will be available until 2031 but I doubt it. Toyota does do a 25yr service life though before they start going NLA on a lot of parts.

Just one more reason Cruiser rock! 😄

Cheers

Its independent suspension, My country Qatar, does not have the 105 solid axle version. In the middle east we get the 1FZE with the 100 series. 100 series land crusiers from 1998-2007 here come with separate trims. G, GX, GXR, VXR. All the G trims have 1FZE inline 6 and the VXR gets the 4.7 V8 like you guys in the states.

My 100 series is a GX, which comes with the 1FZE
Would you mind posting a pic of you VIN tag? Just curious about the IFS with the 1FZ and doing a little digging since that’s not something I’ve heard of before.

Would you mind posting a pic of you VIN tag? Just curious about the IFS with the 1FZ and doing a little digging since that’s not something I’ve heard of before.

Here you go:

D4092D8C-F741-4A69-9502-1F6841877DE6.jpeg

BTW This VIN Number is of my new used LC100 I got last month. The video you saw was the LC100 I owned last year. Same trim and model though. Only difference is my current LC100 is black and has a spare tire carrier.

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

E7A1C484-476B-4B3E-956A-5D54F94C1E9F.jpeg

The newer 1FZ has the coil pack ignition. Nice.

1998+ 1FZE on 100 series cruisers changes/updates are:

1. Direct ignition (lack of distrubuter) as you stated.

2. Redesigned head.

3. More compact pistons.

5. Updated throttle body.

6. Longer intake runners on the intake manifold.

7. 4 Nozzle Fuel Injectors.

Consider installing jounce shocks and 2.5” coil overs. That should alleviate some of the impact on truck and you.

Consider installing jounce shocks and 2.5” coil overs. That should alleviate some of the impact on truck and you.

Yes for this build, I plan on installing 2.0x2.5 KING Bumpstops in the rear. Torsion bar no coil over. By the end of august I plan on having 2.5 King shocks.

This would work well too. 😉
View attachment 2388287

I tried ICON for many of my previous builds and I don’t like them because of the digressive pistons in the shocks.

I prefer the progressive Valving from KING and FOX shocks because they tend to ride much better, they also sell rebuild kits and shin stacks. You can also find parts everywhere. Your not forced to work with the ICON dealer.

You could argue digressive shocks give better handling but I firmly believe swag bars should do that and shocks should be 100% ride quality.

I tried ICON for many of my previous builds and I don’t like them because of the digressive pistons in the shocks.

I prefer the progressive Valving from KING and FOX shocks because they tend to ride much better, they also sell rebuild kits and shin stacks. You can also find parts everywhere. Your not forced to work with the ICON dealer.

You could argue digressive shocks give better handling but I firmly believe swag bars should do that and shocks should be 100% ride quality.
Interesting, I've had the opposite experience. Nothing wrong with Kings, but I feel I've got better ride quality with the Icon's (these are Slinky spec shocks so they are set up different than typical Icons) Rebuild kits and shim stacks also available. The line pressures in the Kings is much higher than it is in the Icon/Slinkys so the fast piston movement is more responsive and smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom