Heavy Duty 1FZE Motor Mounts ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I am looking for heavy duty or polyurethane motor mounts for my 1FZE engine on my 2006 100 series land cruiser, I couldn’t find ones locally or by searching on google.

I’m posting here because the 100 series section is mostly the 4.7 V8 engines.

Does anyone know a brand/company or person that makes one ?

Thanks a bunch.

I used to tear them with the 6.0 but since putting the metal cover back on them havent had one let go. Are you having problems ?

I used to tear them with the 6.0 but since putting the metal cover back on them havent had one let go. Are you having problems ?

Not having major problems. Its just that I am constantly driving offload in the desert. Very rough terrain.

The factory OEM motor mounts are weak and usually go out every 4-5 months.

^x2. Never heard of this happening. What roads are these you speak of? Do you do a lot of dune bashing?

I notice your locale, heat related? Seems @Box Rocket and some other hammer them pretty good in the US desert.

I just replaced mine and the old ones were cracked, but still usable. 4 months on a set of engine mounts... that's crazy. How do they fail? Does the rubber separate from the metal or does it just split down the middle?

I just replaced mine and the old ones were cracked, but still usable. 4 months on a set of engine mounts... that's crazy. How do they fail? Does the rubber separate from the metal or does it just split down the middle?

The rubber is what fails all the time, it wobbles around allot.

The vehicle sees hard desert use, lots of rough sharp edge bumps and washboard at speed.

The only part that fails is the motor mounts, the transmission mounts never have an issue, I also never have an issue with the suspension and suspension bushings.

Heres a video I found on my phone which should sum up every weekend:

Not having major problems. Its just that I am constantly driving offload in the desert. Very rough terrain.

The factory OEM motor mounts are weak and usually go out every 4-5 months.
That sounds like aftermarket mounts, OEM are usually pretty durable.

Hey guys,

I am looking for heavy duty or polyurethane motor mounts for my 1FZE engine on my 2006 100 series land cruiser, I couldn’t find ones locally or by searching on google.

Thanks a bunch.
Maybe consider chaining or cabling the torque side of the engine so it stops over-extending the flexibility of the mount? I did this on an old Chevrolet. They even had "factory" V8 cables that retained the engine to the frame, but left a little slack so it wouldn't rip motor mounts in half under high torque conditions such as pulling or lots of HP with heavy traction.

You can see it attached to the manifold at the bottom of the pic. There was one on EACH side of the engine to keep it from turning upside down in the frame. The 1966 Chevy Impala had them from the factory. If I was doing lots of pulling or crawling with my LC, I would do something similar.

Impala 66 Torque cable.jpg

I haven’t used them personally but the Australia guys seem to run them in their winch challenge competitions.

Hey guys,

Thanks a bunch.

That type of use is "not normal" and you need to do something to chain / cable the engine to the frame because you're causing huge load changes from positive to negative with the jumping and on/off the throttle. You need it to hold both directions. The 6 cylinder has a lot of torque and you need to make it so it is transmitted properly.

Part of your issue is also the bouncing so you are subjecting the mounts to very harsh conditions that far exceed the design of the mounts.

this is going to sound like a dumb question but I just watched the video. And I am on my phone but it looks like the front is IFS? A 105 would be solid axle and a 100 wouldn’t have a 1FZ. Is this engine swapped or suspension swapped or is my phone just to hard to see?

The rubber is what fails all the time, it wobbles around allot.

The vehicle sees hard desert use, lots of rough sharp edge bumps and washboard at speed.

The only part that fails is the motor mounts, the transmission mounts never have an issue, I also never have an issue with the suspension and suspension bushings.

Heres a video I found on my phone which should sum up every weekend:

Its independent suspension, My country Qatar, does not have the 105 solid axle version. In the middle east we get the 1FZE with the 100 series. 100 series land crusiers from 1998-2007 here come with separate trims. G, GX, GXR, VXR. All the G trims have 1FZE inline 6 and the VXR gets the 4.7 V8 like you guys in the states.

My 100 series is a GX, which comes with the 1FZE

Last edited:
I've never had issues with my OEM motor mounts, but I'm sure it can happen, and yeah you're putting yours through some hard use. The Tuff Mounts that @scottryana posted the link to would probably be the best solution. There are similar motor mounts used commonly in minitruck rockcrawlers. They are strong, but poly bushings will transfer a LOT more motor vibration to the cabin. Chaining the motor to the frame will also help, especially if you stick with OEM mounts. That's a bit of an old school trick but it works and keeps the rubber from separating, and won't have the vibration issues that the solid poly bushing mounts will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom