Heavier load springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I just ordered a set of kings 2.5. For my lc200.

I have bud built steel sliders and full steel skids.
Gamiviti full roof rack
Ikamper 4 person RTT.
Occasional Rig’d swing out tire carrier.

Shop suggested I go with stock weight springs since the weight added is centered over the middle of the car.
Just wanted a second opinion as it’s still about 650- 900lbs of added weight depending on if mount the swing out.

Thx for the advice

Who are you ordering from?

King 2.5 “stock weight” springs are 600#/in vs the factory toyota 500#/in. I’m close to stock weight and the truck ended up taller than I wanted in the front.

I’d run them (especially if the recommendation is coming from someone credible) and plan to adjust preload to dial in ride height then see whether you want them stiffer once it’s on the road. Replacement springs aren’t expensive, though you will need to find someone with a quality spring compressor to handle how tight the coils are.. usual rental tools won’t get it done as far as I can tell.

For the record adjusting preload with the provided tool is basically impossible with the shocks in place. I modified a spare part I had lying around to get it done.. if you need to do this I’ll try and dig up the posts I made about it.

I have king 2.5 and a similar loadout plus bumpers and loaded cargo boxes; I am running OME 2721 rear springs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy Kings from anyone other then Ben Brazda at Filthy Motorsports. He has more experience than anyone in the US with a wide variety of Kings setups and will put you on the right setup for your intended uses.

King 2.5 “stock weight” springs are 600#/in vs the factory toyota 500#/in. I’m close to stock weight and the truck ended up taller than I wanted in the front.

I’d run them (especially if the recommendation is coming from someone credible) and plan to adjust preload to dial in ride height then see whether you want them stiffer once it’s on the road. Replacement springs aren’t expensive, though you will need to find someone with a quality spring compressor to handle how tight the coils are.. usual rental tools won’t get it done as far as I can tell.

For the record adjusting preload with the provided tool is basically impossible with the shocks in place. I modified a spare part I had lying around to get it done.. if you need to do this I’ll try and dig up the posts I made about it.
I’d be interested to see this tool.

I’d be interested to see this tool.

I have king 2.5 and a similar loadout plus bumpers and loaded cargo boxes; I am running OME 2721 rear springs.

Personally, I wouldn't buy Kings from anyone other then Ben Brazda at Filthy Motorsports. He has more experience than anyone in the US with a wide variety of Kings setups and will put you on the right setup for your intended uses.
That’s who I bought them from and I went with his suggestions. Awesome
Then.

Ok. Yeah after driving around for a day with them I’m happy with the choice. Bought them from Filthy Motorsports and went with their recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom