Heating a standard tent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All good recomendations. I just bought a North face Bastion 4 and it is quite a tent........spendy but seems well made. What are people using for in the tent heat, besides a hot chick..............not that that would be a great idea!!

I still say this is the best kind of heater
image.jpg

No heater recomendations??

We have some fleece sleeping bag insert liners we bought...somewhere. They work incredibly well to up the R value of whatever sleeping bag you might have.

yup. +1 on sleeping bag liners. i was even going to suggest the thin moisture wicking ones (or the more expensive silk liners) that plus the right bag and sleep pad and you should be set. no need for a 4 season tent unless its winter camping.

I just used the same Buddy heater this weekend in the Mojave Desert - between 30 and 40 deg each night - went to look at the stars so entered the tent very cold at night - also used it near the scope during the night. What a great heater! I used about 3 lbs of propane each night - so it was very useful to have the hose to use a large propane tank. Woke up once and turned it up to high - then just fell asleep again. Brought along a co2 alarm just for security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom