Heatercraft heater help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
GOLD Star
Threads
My buddy has a fj40 and he bought a heatercraft 1111h "universal" unit to install in it, has anyone here put one of these in their Cruiser? It came with no instructions and it almost seems as if it was assembled backwards.
If you try to install it with the defrost ducts up and the heater louvers down (logical enough, right?) then the coolant pipes are on the drivers side. Look here >>>>http://heatercraft.com under auxillary then Jeeps to see a picture of the heater.
Heatercraft told him that the 1111h was designed by a 40 owner with 40's in mind.

I was thinking of putting the unit on the passenger side mounted with the pipes through the firewall in relatively the stock location, but then the air deflector cable would have to be attached to the dash to slide to the vent lever (ugly)

Thanks,
Dave

Where there's a will there's a way, but it seems to me like a hassle. The 111h does not look to me like it was designed for a 40 at all. Not even close. It's to wide, the pipes on the wrong side and it's ugly. I would have searched for a used stock heater or something else. I guess you could bring the hoses aroud to the drivers side with some modifying but as far as the stock air controls. It looks difficult. You might have to forget about the dash controls with that heater. But you might be smarter than me (that's a good chance).

The heater was "designed" to go under the glove box. Getting the defrost hoses run is a royal pain. I did not run them yet. I have the 1102 in mine and it will not fit in the stock location which was fine with me. I like having it under the glove box, it gives me room under the middle of the dash for other things.

The only issue I have had so far is when the heater is on more than on low speed it cools the engine temp down about 20 deg. I am having a thermostat problem that may be compounding the issue though.

Did you mount yours pipes through firewall or did you bring the hoses into the cab?

I brought the hoses through the firewall just like my stock pieces. I did have to get creative with a few 90* pieces to make it work and I had to open the hole up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom