Heater T’s need replacing - anything else I should check? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just smelled a burning smell coming from the engine and opened it up to find nothing obvious. After closer inspection I found a bit of pink fluid back around the heater t’s. There is some dripping from the hose itself as well.

They still seem to be solid, but I’m not sure what else it could be coming from.

I think I’ll go ahead and replace them anyway, but curious if there is anything else I should look at?

**Edit**

It looks like the left side hose in the second picture has worked it’s way off of the T and I’m wondering if this is the source of the problem.

I read some write ups and found the part number for the T’s. Are there specific hoses I need to purchase as well?

82C6CAF6-44A0-47E0-A0E7-508944BC1051.jpeg

FBB5AAA0-D924-42E2-BF55-9BF1C3AAB15A.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have to ask whether you should replace them, you should go ahead and do it. It's a cheap deterrent for a potentially catastrophic problem

They may look ok, but a @TheForger said they are a cheap deterrent. I would also recommend changing the hoses and clamps. When I removed my earlier this summer the hoses were rock hard and I am sure the clamps had lost some of their tension. The T's I had in there, were only 4 years old but every connection was seeping.

If you have to ask whether you should replace them, you should go ahead and do it. It's a cheap deterrent for a potentially catastrophic problem
Yeah sorry the title and the body of the post were confusing. In the title I ask if I should, in the body I said I’m going to and ask if there is something else I should look at as well as possibly the cause of the pink fluid around the engine wall.

They need to be done whether or not it was the cause. You can see coolant sprayed up on that ground wire and bolt probably from one of those

I read through several several write ups on here regarding how to do it. I’m on my way to the dealership to get the T’s.

I can’t find details on the hoses. Is there a specific hose/part number or just get a standard coolant hose and cut to fit?

Thanks

I read through several several write ups on here regarding how to do it. I’m on my way to the dealership to get the T’s.

I can’t find details on the hoses. Is there a specific hose/part number or just get a standard coolant hose and cut to fit?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom