Heater - rubber boot - ideas to make? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any ideas for the rubber boot that connects the heater to the intake plenum - this is the short rubber section that looks like a piece of inner tube. Only SOR has them at the usual price, plus $hipping.

I don't really want to buy a new inner tube and hack it up, and I've considered using leather and Rubitex closed-cell foam. Any other ideas? I have the original horribly rotted one, so I have a pattern.

Thanks,

Steve

http://www.intakehoses.com
What many big diesel owners use to do intercoolers etc.. What I'd rather do! i have shopvac hoses on my FJ40.. Cheap and works! :)

How about buying an inner tube and making about 10, then reselling them for half the $OR price? I order one from Specter and was very disappointed when I got and realized it was just a piece of an inner tube that they probably set a stack of books on for a few days to get it "square"...for $25.00 or something like that.

Dan

I thought you could get a new one from the dealer for cheap? thought I did for my 66?

I got 2" No Hub couplers (used to connect cast iron drainlines) Pulled the rubber seal out of the band and it was the same size and thickness as the original rubber boot.

They cost about $4.50 a peice.

Kevin
Nohub1.jpg
nohub2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom