Heater Plumbing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all.

My 82 40 series is from South America and has no heater currently. I'm going to be putting a small mojave heater in it soon so I'm starting to gather parts. I've got a couple of questions about the plumbing involved.

I'm going to order the union that screws into the head for the inlet line to the heater.

My current thermostat doesn't have the third outlet like the one in the picture. Could I replace my thermostat housing with one like in the picture and route my return line this way?

thermostat housing.PNG

Or

Do I need to get the union pipe like in the picture (yes I have A/C) and route the return line to that?

heater union.PNG

Seems like just replacing the thermostat with the other version would be the easiest way to solve the problem unless it has something to do with better circulation in one spot versus the other.
Thanks!
Kelly

Hot side port would be something from the engine head, before the thermostat (if you want heat before it opens) and cold side into the water pump intake.

Both those pictured parts would work, but one might look for plugs in the head and water pump to install heater hose nipples rather than anything complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom