Heater not blowing HOT air - only slightly warm/cold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear all - and thank you for your help so far with my 12.2001 LX470 - located in Iceland.

And yes since located in Iceland this is a problem, the heater, set to MAX, does blow about cold air down on the floor, warmer in the middle and pretty hot up to the front window. The heater in the middle seat row, the floor one - does blow really hot there.

I have twice had the coolant system flushed with a cleaner, I was sure it would be a clotted element but that does not help.

Does anyone know what might cause this, what could be broken?

Kind Regards,

Agnar

It sounds like you might have air in the coolant system. Have you tried a vacuum bleeder to pull all of the air out of the system.

It sounds like you might have air in the coolant system. Have you tried a vacuum bleeder to pull all of the air out of the system.
Thank you - I will ask my Toyota if they did that, I have had coolant water replacement twice in hope it was some sort of dirt in the pipes or radiator.

just re-read your text above.
I don't think you are having a no heat issue,
if the vents at the windshield are hot but cold at the floor, you are having blend door issues.
has the panel under the steering column been off? there is a tube behind, has a small vent grill in the front of the panel, that needs to be in the correct place to function properly

Last edited:
just re-read your text above.
I don't think you are having a no heat issue,
if the vents at the windshield are hot but cold at the floor, you are having blend door issues.
has the panel under the steering column been off? there is a tube behind, has a small vent grill in the front of the panel, that needs to be in the correct place to function properly
I seem to have very warm air almost all the time coming from left (driver side) vent that blows air onto the driver window. The top dash windshield defrost seems to be always throwing heat as well, but when driving, my feet freeze. I have played around with the small rectangular vent door at the drivers side floor area but it seems so small. If I close that left drivers side vent off I get more out of the drivers side floor, but the passengers side is a larger pipe that dumps 2.3x more warm air to passengers feet.

Were these made for right hand drive mostly, and the feet heat on left side drives are maybe undersized? The only other hint that I have is if I play around with the heat vent options on the touch screen, very little change seems to occour. Could it be an issue with whatever diverts the heat to certain areas/vents?

My feet freeze up here in the north. 2004.

Dear all - and thank you for your help so far with my 12.2001 LX470 - located in Iceland.

And yes since located in Iceland this is a problem, the heater, set to MAX, does blow about cold air down on the floor, warmer in the middle and pretty hot up to the front window. The heater in the middle seat row, the floor one - does blow really hot there.

I have twice had the coolant system flushed with a cleaner, I was sure it would be a clotted element but that does not help.

Does anyone know what might cause this, what could be broken?

Kind Regards,

Agnar
I used A product called thermocouple as my sons 100 series was having the same problem. This stuff is a different animal all together. It converts the scale and rust into a black liquid that smells like rotten fish. Took 12 gallons and multiple flushes to get it all out, but his heat is now much much better,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom