heater hoses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
someone wanted to see how you hook up steel braided hose for heater hoses and this is how. when you use the steel braid hose you have to go to home depot and get 2 valves like this for about 2 dollars each and then get the fittings you need from russell. the reason for these valves is because you cant tighten the hose enough with the steel inside the rubber to hold under pressure. they might hold and maybe not so this is the best way. also you need to change the end on the heater core also. works ok and never wears out plus if you get any leaks there you can just turn off
misc fj40 pics 001.jpg

Is there a bracket supporting those hoses and valves?

I Like the idea, but I am focused on finding the valve and cable that turnes if off cause mine don't seem to be working.
I like that SS lines though. looks good, way to nice for mine at this time

So in other words you spent mucho $$ for stupid blingy junk that likely may not be able to hold the very low ~ 15 psi of an automotive cooling system and you have to install cheesy shutoff valves to stop the leaks? genious.

So in other words you spent mucho $$ for stupid blingy junk that likely may not be able to hold the very low ~ 15 psi of an automotive cooling system and you have to install cheesy shutoff valves to stop the leaks? genious.

Come on now all of the bling under the hood goes with the exterior DP bling. I have brass shutoff valves that I use in the summer on my rubber heater hoses.

what are you talking about????? you cant use a shut off valve because you should not use hose clamps on these they wont tighten down enough. maybe if you knew what you are talking about you might sound smart.

oh yeah poser they dont have any brackets holding them. i have never used any and never had any problems. they flex enough with the motor movement.
miscfj40pics009.jpg

Ken don't take it personally we are just picking on you. I have looked at alot of your posts and you think outside of the box. You come up with some good ideas to do things differently than everybody else. You do have a very clean 40 that I am jealous of eventhough I h8 the dp. I think that it detracts from all of your hard work on a very clean 40. We all want different things for our 40's so as long as it is what you want then you can tell everybody else to :flipoff2:.

i dont take it personally LOL and yes to the #10 an fittings. as far as diamond plate i think it looks goodLOL. as far as thinking outside the box this stupid fj put me in a box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom