heater hoses on a 97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of the heater hoses look like a real b!tch to change. How difficult are they. I'm thinking of replacing all the coolant system hoses before I take it on any road trips since I don't know how old they are.

Yes they are a b!tch, especially the PHH (pesky heater hose) located on the driver side of the head below the intake far back near the fire wall. Do some searching and you'll find several diy threads for changing them. And yes you'd be wise to replace them before a roadtrip as a blown PHH can quickly lead to overheating and engine failure.

The little hose between the firewall and the rear of the CH looks like a pita too. Anyone ever used this hose? -65F to 350F, 250 psi. $2.48 per foot, in 3 colors. I wonder how it compares to the silicone hose sold at NAPA and some of the vendors here?

Last edited:
The little hose between the firewall and the rear of the CH looks like a pita too. Anyone ever used this hose? -65F to 350F, 250 psi. $2.48 per foot, in 3 colors. I wonder how it compares to the silicone hose sold at NAPA and some of the vendors here?

No experience with that hose, but I did get the green jacketed silicone Gates hose from NAPA for my PHH. No complaints.

There's a guy who sells both the PHH & FHH as kits with silicone hose & the constant tension ABA style clamps here on MUD - I'd link you but I don't remember at all who he is, been months since I saw it. Maybe he's in the vendors???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom