1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater Hose

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Jim_Phillips, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

I am about to replace the two heater hoses that run underneath to 60 to the rear heater - specifically the two rubber hoses on the bend where the pipes go through the floor into the rear heater. Whilst I'm at it, I was wondering whether there are any others that are prone to failure - on my 80 there is a heater hose that went from the engine block and thru the firewall - this has always been a problem with 80s and is prone to failure. Is there an equivalent on 60s?

Thanks, Jim

2. Rice

Rice SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    A suggestion if you're not putting in factory hose is to get your new hose from NAPA. The stuff from Autozone and the other cheap places is poor quality. Hold them up next to each other and you'll notice a significant difference.

3. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

I have to use factory hoses since in the UK we don't have NAPA. It may have been worth me ordering from the US but I want to the job over the weekend. Thanks for the tip though...

4. Landpimp

Landpimp

On a fj60 or 62 I can't think of any hoses that are a real PITA to replace(like a fjz80) and seeing how its a dsl I have no ideas if there might be however.

5. jwest

jwest

BTW...the rear heater core is aluminum so be careful with the pipes. Better to use a razor and cut the old hoses off.