Heater Hose Part Number Conundrum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those, I just went to the parts store and bought some pre-molded hoses with 90 degree bends, and then cut them to the right size. Was much cheaper that way. Those hoses are still available through Toyota though.

Hey everyone,

In the middle of a frame-replacement project on my 1989 FJ62. Axles, engine, etc... are all back in the frame, so now the engine is getting a complete re-seal while everything is still easily accessible. That includes replacing basically every hose that carries coolant or oil on the engine.

Which leads to the problem I'm currently in. I have been able to find just about every hose I need, except the hose that goes from the water pump to the distribution pipe bolted to the side of the block.

Lakeland Toyota's diagram for a '89 Cruiser is incorrect:
View attachment 2677234

That is not what my hard line looks like, and bozo me absent mindedly ordered 87246E and 87245A, and got a little upset today when they didn't fit....

Poking around Lakeland Toyota's site, I found if I selected a 91 or newer FJ80 with a 3FE, it would show me the correct heater piping. However they don't show the part number of the hose I need. I highlighted in green which hose I need (I did manage to find the hose labeled 87208 and order it).
View attachment 2677228

SOR has the hose for sale, but they won't give me the actual real part number and want nearly $35 for that hose. Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction to finding the actual Toyota part number for that hose? Or if anyone has any other solutions that have worked for them.

Thanks.

Good afternoon. Hoping you managed to get all the hoses you needed. Question - "distribution pipe bolted to the side of the block" My metal pipe on a 1992 3FE FJ80 is mega corroded and leaking coolant. Any idea where we can get one? Cant even find a proper part number for that hard line pipe! Any help will be appreciated.

Good afternoon. Hoping you managed to get all the hoses you needed. Question - "distribution pipe bolted to the side of the block" My metal pipe on a 1992 3FE FJ80 is mega corroded and leaking coolant. Any idea where we can get one? Cant even find a proper part number for that hard line pipe! Any help will be appreciated.
I’m new here and trying to learn more about my FJ80. I do have a 1991 and a 1992 that I’m parting out. I hope you’ve found your part number and part to get back up and running. If not, send a picture and I’ll see what I can find for you. I’m working on vacuum lines, replacing them with silicon lines. Also trying to get the wiper pumps and lines( also head light washer) up and running. Dan

I have a FJ80 I’m parting out. I don’t know if that will help. Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom