Heater help... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess I need some help figuring out what’s going on with my heater. Flipping the heat selector, I can hear an audible click from the fuse area but nothing happens at any fan speed. Blower doesn’t kick at all which is why I though it may be the blower motor. Pulled the motor and direct wired to a 12v supply it runs fine. Could it be the resistor? I’m a novice at wiring diagrams and struggle to wrap my brain around them.

D8D3B239-3A90-47DD-8414-D39E1DA5EADF.png

So maybe having a little bit of voltage drop? Should it be receiving 12v at that plug (I am assuming yes).
Go back to the fuse and check the voltage at the fuse to see what is passing.

Im not sure I understand what you're saying when you said," flipping the heat selector".

The FJ60 has a water valve actuated by the slider lever on the air control panel. Blue to red. Sliding it any direction won't turn on the fan. You've got to flip the fan slider switch also to one of four settings manually to get air.
But I probably misunderstood what you posted.

I highly doubt that the problem is the resistor if all fan speeds do not work. The hi speed circuit does not go through the resistor at all. It does sound like you have a voltage drop somewhere in the wiring. I would first do what gregnash suggested and check what voltage you get at the fuse.

As panda mentioned, it's often the circuit breaker that flipped. The CB is the fuse for the fan. The CB is that small silver can in the fuse panel. Right side. Poke a paper clip inside the central hole to reset the breaker.

Regardless. Thanks for the help so far. Ordered another CB just bc it was cheap. Will read some more and then try to get back to it Wednesday.

Did you try to reset the CB with the paper clip as suggested?

I did but there was no click. Almost like it wasn’t tripped.

I 'think' you can do what I'm about to suggest but not certain... Remove the CB & do a continuity check on the blades. If this can be done it should confirm whether it's tripped or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom