Heater core recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m currently cursing SOR as I tear apart my dash, yet again, to replace my heater core. I just bought a new one from them (had it pressure tested) a few months ago. Any recommendations on where to get a new one? It’s not leaking from the Soldered oring joint btw.

I use a place that rebuilds radiators and heater cores. It isn’t cheap - about $300, but new ones are NLA.

I use a place that rebuilds radiators and heater cores. It isn’t cheap - about $300, but new ones are NLA.
I probably shouldn’t have tossed the original. This is a nightmare. Makes me contemplate how much I can get for this truck.

Yeah I had to use 2 OEM ones to make a good one. And not cheap for me either. This is one of those things that really should have aftermarket support. Surely there would be enough demand, there were more than a few of these trucks made over their 9 year run, and they're at the age now that these parts are on borrowed time.

0CDEC2C6-2817-4380-9D3F-035B28346969.jpeg

I found this photo of what I think is the Fj60 core. I also found the fore runners look to use the same core but with different pipes. So maybe there is another Toyota model that can have its pipes swapped to work?

I’m currently cursing SOR as I tear apart my dash, yet again, to replace my heater core. I just bought a new one from them (had it pressure tested) a few months ago. Any recommendations on where to get a new one? It’s not leaking from the Soldered oring joint btw.
So it pressure tested good, and after a few months started leaking? Where was it leaking from?

The CruiserCorps unit is quality. Made in Mexico, but I've had mine for a couple years now, no issues. Assuming your unit wasn't damaged on install, if it tests good (if tested correctly), there's really no way it's gonna rot in a few months.

Are you using old skool Green coolant ?

The CruiserCorps unit is quality. Made in Mexico, but I've had mine for a couple years now, no issues. Assuming your unit wasn't damaged on install, if it tests good (if tested correctly), there's really no way it's gonna rot in a few months.

I got the SOR one. I’m gonna ask them where it’s from. There is no way I botched it on install. They either didn’t test it well or it blew out. What’s the deal with the skool coolant?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 60 and 62 heater cores are different, right?

Don't know off hand and not at home to check....

has anyone with a pre-mature leak in the heater cores above :

- Re-used the original oem clamps and perhaps they were the leak cause ?

- installed GHETTO pep boyz serrated ones , and they cut thu the hoses like well they fracking suk and do !

- if yes to any of my questions above , study the tech and over thought i have put into these little problem prevention rascals ...

- there JIS , and in my opinion exceed TOYOTA oem in every way , even now with the TRASH Hot dipped Galvanized what ever's coming out of japan i simply don't fully understand ?

- i personally ONLY use these in my own shop on my clients , well ...........lets just say fresh Columbia top shelf imports etc ...

never a issue in any way to report , only reliable FSM long term results ....

Please feel free to PM me with any questions please :)

1603766335939.png

both 60 /62 must only use the early type FULL strenth Factory red fluis , never the later pinkish pre-diluted oem toyta new stuff

as far a green , or yellow , or blue ..............

if you have , installed it ?

a day longer its in the system , the quicker your killing off the internals of the cooling system related parts

the OEM factory full strength red fluid @Spike Strip brings attn. to above is a serious topic and should not be dismissed , as

some over concerned OCD purist wise tail etc ...:rolleyes:

i saw the damage in my younger dealer ship service dept days , and later too ,in my own vintage Toyota based vehicle themed shop too

this is NOT my sometimes 2 cents

this is real McCoy Tech ....

matt

1603766971095.jpeg

has anyone with a pre-mature leak in the heater cores above :

- Re-used the original oem clamps and perhaps they were the leak cause ?

- installed GHETTO pep boyz serrated ones , and they cut thu the hoses like well they fracking suk and do !

- if yes to any of my questions above , study the tech and over thought i have put into these little problem prevention rascals ...

- there JIS , and in my opinion exceed TOYOTA oem in every way , even now with the TRASH Hot dipped Galvanized what ever's coming out of japan i simply don't fully understand ?

- i personally ONLY use these in my own shop on my clients , well ...........lets just say fresh Columbia top shelf imports etc ...

never a issue in any way to report , only reliable FSM long term results ....

Please feel free to PM me with any questions please :)

View attachment 2478124
Dangit! I ordered new clamps from the dealer last week and they just arrived today. I would have ordered these! I got 1/4 of these for more than this kit cost.

Dangit! I ordered new clamps from the dealer last week and they just arrived today. I would have ordered these! I got 1/4 of these for more than this kit cost.

Well if anyone wants to ever know or wonders why

I have a Black Squirrel as a company mascot and

top Secert underground basement new products development lab I call the “skunk-works “

the above post by @Borrego. Sheds some
Light ...

I relish the time involved and the artistic inspired passion needed to dream up new concept Vision problem solving needed parts solutions for the greater good of the land cruiser
Community

sounds Nerdy as hell perhaps , but i live to outfox toyota ever growing Discontinuing our needed parts the land cruiser must stay on the road and safely too reliable OEM inspired parts made affordable to the common 40 or 60 owner operators
Is well .....

neat to make a reality ....:beer:

but parts do cost money and so does shipping them
To and from rising sun mechanical world head quarters
Here near Washington DC

I hope I never find in nessessary to TAX the folks lie
I see some big fish in my new pond im still
Learning how to swim better in each day ?

however , this is my full time job and what I do
For a living to take care of my family and our healthy food on
The table too ...

I simply try very hard to do it with class and the values I Learned in the Boy Scouts growing up for example

I can say one fact for certain : greedy and lazy business model policy’s procedures like : a mandatory mimimim
Order dollar amount practice , or considering my shipping
Dept a major revenue generation machine will NEVER be
Side shows in my world or my valued clients either !

why and how do I know this and can state such concrete
Facts and statements now , today , tonight
?

eazy peezy :

so far both prior to opening up our online parts store
And during our very hard and challenging first full year to
Right now this second almost 18 months into it full
Hand throttle option and H55F fast pace wonder land of
Go go go

My wife , life partner and company president erin
And I have not had to resort to or step down to those levels to keep the lights on .....

I say this with much caution and also humble gratitude to
Everyone whom I ever have printed out a shipping labke
To ...

if u need only 1 simple oil pan drain pan
Gasket our welcome is still warm to always stop
By for one .....

I enrolled in the USPS small business assistance program
Many years ago and do take full honest advantage of all
It has to offer like free boxes and now a kick
Azz packing tape rolls by the case , all
For just a simple polite request and a sincere thanks too

This translates into if I don’t have to out of pocket
JACK for shipping supplies then why should our valued clients pay more then stamps .com charges us ?

we adopted from day 1 anything over $1.01 in a shipping overage calculation I simply credit back while
Printing out your shipping Labels

I hope those I have done this for see and understand why I ran a $4:20 credit on there statement ?

But it makes us feel good inside and that’s all
That really matters to me at end of day anyway

Time will tell and we will see ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom