heater control valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.barryhause.com
Pictures of Heater Control Valve Hoses anyone?

Here's a question:

I have searched all my manuals and cannot seem to find a diagram for where and how the heater control valve attatches.

Is there anyone out there with a diagram or clear intructions on this.

Thanks.

:confused:

Last edited:
Not sure I understand your question. The main heater control valve is bolted to the firewall behind the engine. Cable operated, controls flow of hot water to the front and rear heater cores. In the open mode water will be allowed into the main heater core and then back to the rear heater core.

Waggoner5 said:
Not sure I understand your question. The main heater control valve is bolted to the firewall behind the engine. Cable operated, controls flow of hot water to the front and rear heater cores. In the open mode water will be allowed into the main heater core and then back to the rear heater core.

Thanks. What I'm trying to figure out is which hose goes where. Inflow/outflow etc.

bh

Check out the heater hose schematics on SOR . The top connection on the heater valve is connected to a port on the drivers side of the engine. The bottom connection on the heater valve goes to the firewall (heater core connection).

2mbb said:
Check out the heater hose schematics on SOR . The top connection on the heater valve is connected to a port on the drivers side of the engine. The bottom connection on the heater valve goes to the firewall (heater core connection).

Thanks. I did this earlier today. I have to see if I can figure it out from there.

Some progress has been made. Thanks to the comments of Waggoner5 and a diagram I found in the fsm manual, I was able to hook up the valve. I just need to get the hoses on.

Possibly does someone have some photos of heater hoses properly hooked to the heater control (aka water) valve?

bh

ps40-2 said:
Possibly does someone have some photos of heater hoses properly hooked to the heater control (aka water) valve?

bh

Like this?
Heater control valve.jpg

The parts schematic (also SOR) is a little misleading because it mixes up the upper and lower ports on the firewall that go to the front heater core. I'm assuming you have a rear heater, otherwise you wouldn't have the "u shaped" pipe (labeled 87249C on the schematic). The U shaped pipe has three connections(from rear to front): return from the front heater core, return from the rear heater core and to a hose that connects with another pipe that runs behind the distributer (labeled 87249B). The front end of pipe 87429B connects to a tee fitting on between the bottom of the radiator and the water pump inlet..
heater hoses.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom