Heater control valve cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m troubleshooting my sons 96 80 series heater situation. I was getting no heat but after adjusting the HCV on the firewall I got heat.

It appears that the cable isn’t moving the switch on the HCV. I pulled the radio out and the glovebox out and can’t find where the cable attaches to the motor behind the dash.

Can someone please guide me so I can see if it is attached correctly or seized. Thanks MUD!

I’m troubleshooting my sons 96 80 series heater situation. I was getting no heat but after adjusting the HCV on the firewall I got heat.

It appears that the cable isn’t moving the switch on the HCV. I pulled the radio out and the glovebox out and can’t find where the cable attaches to the motor behind the dash.

Can someone please guide me so I can see if it is attached correctly or seized. Thanks MUD!
Disregard! I found it. When I replaced my HCV I didn’t set the cable high enough so it couldn’t switch on the heat. Now my boy has heat before the cold sets in!

when i bought mine in the early fall, the cable wasn't even connected to the valve. valve was opened part way. i kept wondering why the heat was so weak when the temps started to drop. wasn't until i replaced the radiator in the late fall that i discovered how it was actually supposed to hook up. who knows how long it had been this way before i owned it.

good job fixing this before it gets cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom