Heater Blower Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my blower was only working high speed, after looking here I found were someone had replaced the resistor and gave the part # and had pictures, which was great. But I have a question , when I pull the switch to the first setting that is high speed, then the second setting is low, this seems backwards to me, is this normal?

Yes that is how the switch works. High half way and low all the way out. Forty six years and it still doesn't seem right. The rear heater switch closer to the driver has seemed backward as well.

On my '78 the first detent is Low and the second detent is High plus the rear heater comes on. It was the same on my '77 that I bought in '78, so came from the factory that way.

Yes that is how the switch works. High half way and low all the way out. Forty six years and it still doesn't seem right. The rear heater switch closer to the driver has seemed backward as well.
Thanks, I tried reversing the wires going to the resister, now it works first sitting is low and second is high, do you think that will hurt the resister by doing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom