Heated seat issue, anyone had trouble? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 99 lc driver seat will heat for a few minutes and then will quit heating, then maybe 30 minutes later come back on. The switch stays illuminated the whole time so I assume its not a connection issue. I tried turning the switch on and off several times, but the seat won't turn back on until it decides its ready.

Anybody seen this before?

Sounds like the heater element part may have a connection issue. The switch is probably just a relay for the heater element because of the current draw.

ours (03) seem to stay on all the time...

added: when turned on...:)

readded: come to think of it, I probably never kept it on more than 10 mins so who knows...

Last edited:
I was under the impression that they'll stay on for a set amount of time, then shut off? I never use mine, but the wife has it on all year.

My wife loves the high setting I can't handle it for more than a few minutes once it warms up completely.

If it is consistent in repeating the pattern (heat for x minutes then turn off, then back on after y minutes, repeat) it sounds like the thing has some kind of built-in thermostatic switch to prevent overheating.

I've never left mine on high heat setting long enough to see...I always switch to low setting after several minutes of initial heat-up on high.

Mine (98) SEEMS to heat inconsistently. Sometimes it gets hot pretty quick, other times it seems to take longer...not sure if it's actually the seat (I think) or what I'm wearing (possibly).

I do know that many manufacturers design their seats to do what you're describing.

Mine seems to run in cycles. It gets toasty to start then goes away then awhile later gets super toasty again. I usually turn it off on the second cycle. I only want it for that first cycle anyway. I thought that was by design. I dunno.

I'm thinking it must have a thermostat problem or something, mine used to stay on until I got ready to switch it to Lo or off, I use it a lot because of a few bad discs in the lower back:confused:

Seat heater makes me feel as if I soiled myself.

macneill said:
LMAO!!

macneill said:

:whoops:

tabraha said:
Mine seems to run in cycles. It gets toasty to start then goes away then awhile later gets super toasty again. I usually turn it off on the second cycle. I only want it for that first cycle anyway. I thought that was by design. I dunno.

Ditto

oh, and don't let the other forum guys see this thread either or you'll never hear the end of it... :)

It's nowhere near as bad as "what should I name my truck?" :princess:

macneill said:
It's nowhere near as bad as "what should I name my truck?" :princess:

not so sure... this is plenty of material for posterior-related jokes... :)

|Ha, never even thought about it....Oh well, I can take it...at least it doesnt have a heated steering wheel like my wifes....

tabraha said:
Ditto #2. I like heat therapy for my back too. I wish the thing could get hotter. My VW seats got much hotter, especially in the lumbar area. Are there even heating elements in the LC/LX lumbar? I can barely feel it.

I just noticed for the first time yesterday that the seat BACK heated up as well..
I am 95% sure that it was the bottom only that heated up in the past...has anyone noticed just the bottom heating up?...

Or am I losing my mind ? !!

( On second thought...dont answer that second question !! ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom